Winchester Coyote 325 WSM?

pyscodog

They have one in the used rack at Bass Pro. I thought it was a WSSM but evidently I'm wrong as a Google search brings up nothing. Its not the "lite" model, its a heavy barrel in a laminate stock. Got my curiosity up but finding reloading components looks like finding a unicorn. I am more curious as if any of you shoot this cartridge and how you like it. I have always been interested in the short mags, had one in 270 and one in 300. Not to sure about the 325 though. Seems the reviews are really mixed on this one.

There just isn't a whole lot of love out there for the 8mm stuff.

I think about the most popular any 8mm got was when it was used as the parent case and associated with the 7mm STW a few years back when the 7STW was all the rave.

That's what I also read. Quality 8mm bullets are few. I have a feeling if a person gets one, he had better plan on keeping it. I think I'll just admire this one in the rack at Bass Pro. Looks real nice in "their" rack. LOL!

You dont see much on the .325 although I have met a few guys who absolutely love it. For me, not my cup of tea. As stated the 8mm's are few and far between and the 8mm Rem Mag and some 8x57's are all you really see anymore. I suppose one could loop the American .32 cals like the .32 Win Spl and the .32 Rem into that 8mm category but people might look at ya funny.

It seems the 8's are going by the wayside much like the 9.3/.366 cartridges. I suppose it only makes sense since the support for both is quite lacking on this side of the pond. I wouldnt mind have a .370 Sako myself but I passed on one that I knew I should've snagged in a Sako Model 85 Grizzly and havent seen one for a fair price since.

Back to the Winchester, If it was a controlled round feed and a fair price, I would snag it for nothing more than a trade or conversation piece. Those rare birds have a habit of going for big money these days.

No were neer the short .325
But I was just out working with my 8mm rem mag.
It is an outstanding round.
I can't afford factory loads even if you could get them.
We reload.
I was working on a 3200 fps plus load for a sierra 220 gr bullet.
I have the original rem 700 24 Inch barrel. I have done some work to help with the recoil and worked on the trigger.
The 220 are fun but I shoot normally a Barnes copper, TSX 200 gr at 3200 fps. 500-yard group is under 4" and will penetrate front to back on a Mule deer buck. It is a little heave for antelope unless you need to shoot two at a time. BUT if you ever need to stop a charging Buick, the 220s with 5000 FP of energy is what I would pick. The Win just fell short of the rem but either are hard to find. A 8mm Mauser is a world standard but way less the the aforementioned...
You need to get it, lots of 8mm bullets on the shelf right now.

Looks like the 325 WSM is a 338 WM Lite as far as it goes w/bullet weight. Didn't see any bullets above 220's, but the .338 WM is a hammer for everything from WT deer to Gemsbok w/210 gr. Nos. partition @ 2970 fps or a 200 NBT for lighter game and both shoot to same POI in my rifle.

50990258683_3b0488cd21_b.jpg
50990954951_91c3d9c715_b.jpg

Regards,
hm

When I first did a Google search, I didn't find the 25WSSM. I thought maybe I read it wrong. But the rifle, IIRC, is a 25 WSSM not the WSM. Guess I need to go look at it once again...not that I have intentions of buying, just to ease my mind.

The WSSM is a "whole nother country"
grin.gif

I had a long talk w/Mike @ Dtech as I was leaning toward getting him to build me a 25 WSSM, but chose the 243 WSSM instead due to better choices in bullet weights. The rifle turned out to be my favorite coyote rifle and culled a lot of whitetail does, as well.

Regards,
hm

The gun may be a tad in the heavier side for extended carry. I’d think elk or maybe bear hunting would be most suitable with that round.

If mostly deer hunting, even from a fixed blind, seems more than a guy needs.

Back