Shooters World, Nobel and Norma Powders?

I have seen Shooters World around for the last year or two including when Midsouth was offering free hazmat if you bought 4 lbs of it. I guess it wasnt super popular until the run on components started. Seemed like you couldnt hardly give it away.

I have heard more and more of its likeness and wouldnt mind trying it if the hype is true.

Also had a chance to buy a LOT of Norma powders for less than wholesale about a year ago but opted for 3 dozen cases of primers and 20 lbs of Accurate LT-30 for $17.50/lb. Oh the good ole days.

Anyway, my question to the members here is, have any of you actually used any of the Shooters World powders or the Norma? I have seen Nobel pop up here and there for what seems like dirt cheap (some types as low as $15 per 1.1 lb bottle).

I am familiar with most if not all of Hodgdon and IMR options as well as many Accurate and Winchester powders but never see many using these three.

I use Shooters World Match in my Tikka 223. Works great. I haven't run it over a chrony but with a 62 grain Varmageddon, I get bugholes. With the accuracy I'm getting I never worried about speed. Guess I'll get around to it one of these days. Luckily I bought two pounds and 200 bullets. The store that stocked it is out of both.

I shot about 6# of Precision through a heavy 308 with 155's and 175's last year and we're currently using the rest of a keg in my daughters 6br.. I get good ES/SD with it. Maybe a little slower velocity than Varget but not very much. Accuracy is fine.

Edited to add: It is very clean burning in both rifles...

Last edited:
i started using do-63.1 (which i understand is the SOCOM) before shooters world started retail packaging it. i was getting it from a local small remanufacturing company to use for a 1680 substitute.

shooters world blackout is do-63.2, a very similar powder.

the ones i've tested were very clean burning, especially as a subsonic powder where many struggle to ignite and leave lots of unburnt powder laying around in your action after extraction.

it metered very well

based on that experience alone i would be willing to test out some of their other powders down the road like Tactical, Match or Precision. Especially as more load data becomes availble as their product lines expand. Hopefully things will settle down in a year or so and i can play with them some by next summer.

Ive used SW Tactical Rifle powder in 223 and 6.8SPC, SW Match in 223 and 308, SW AR PLus in 223, SW Blackout in 7.62x39, and SW Long Rifle in 243.

SW pistol powder is pretty good too. Loaded 9mm 40 44 and 45 with them.

Back