What's The Best 20 Caliber Twist Rate ?

Originally Posted By: Max LambertMaybe someone can correct me if i am wrong, but i thought the 204 loaded cartridge was to long for an AR style magazine to fit into. Am I wrong?
204R rounds have shoulders that are too far forward to work well in Pmags, which have some internal guide ribs designed for 223. Metal mags seem to work fine with 204R rounds, but as always, check before buying.

Thank you Mensajd. I do use Pmags and that is what I measured for length of a 204 loaded cartridge. I will try a metal mag. That was the reason I was thinking about a White Oak Armory upper in 20 practical.

I have a 20 inch WOA with a 1 in 10 twist, which I shoot suppressed. For coyotes, I use 35 and 40 grain Bergers. 35's are great no exit, 40's will sometimes exit but are not hard on fur when they do. Years ago, I used to shoot 39 grain SBK out of a 204 but had some horrific splash wounds. I am a little ways north of you and hunt willow slough, and a bunch of the surrounding private farm land. I usually use 40 grain Bergers because they have better BC and my shots are usually between 100 to 300 yards. For powders I have had good luck with AR comp, h322 or N133. My hunting partner is waiting on a barrel from compass lake. He ordered a 22 inch 1 in 10, I believe it is a Douglas.

I have a 1:10 in a WOA 26" .204 Ruger and it's a hammer. I have 3 other WOA 26" builds (all are .223) and for P Dogs the .204 is my preferred rifle.

Back