What did you do today in the world of reloading?

Well I spent 5 1/2 hrs the other day looking through a friend's used equipment. Found a carbide 45 set but no 38/357 I was looking for. Did find a Fagen stock that appears to be for a short action Weatherby? And I filled 2 pails(45# each) with once fired law enforcement range pistol brass, mostly 40sw, which I don't use, going to clean it, bag and sell. Forgot on the way, I purchased 4-1# bottles of BLC-2 ,32.50 each. Should allow me to load for fast fire situations without using my hunting rifle powders.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobIn the last two days I removed the shot from 228 factory shotgun shells so I can make duplex loads with Federal High Density BB shot, Winchester Xtended Range #4 shot and TSS #7 shot for hunting geese.

28 shells will be loaded up with 1-1/4 oz of TSS #4 shot for coyote loads.

One duplex load will have 1 oz of Federal High Density BB shot and 3/8 oz of TSS #7 shot.

The other duplex load will have 7/8 oz of Federal High Density BB shot with 1/2 oz of Winchester Xtended Range #4 shot.

This is interesting. I've never read about how to do this. I've loaded lots of shotgun shells, but never mixed shot. Do you mix it, layer it separate, how does this work exactly?

Dusted off an old Mec 600 Jr today. Had around 30 presses at one point when I was selling at gunshows, its the only shotgun press remaining and with the tight political climate, figured id start collecting stuff again to reloading some 12 gauge.

-Backordered 2k more 124 gr 9MM FMJ and 2k 124 gr RMR HP from RMR tonight.

Been teaching a couple friends how to reload. passing on the fun and the look on their face when they shoot a sub moa group with a load they made and developed is great.

My early pheasant load(I have Vizsla's) is a mix of 7.5 and #6. First of Nov I switch to #5. (Lead loads). I tried mixing 5 and 4 just doesn't seem to pattern well, but I have trouble with 4's through all my shotguns.

I was shoveling snow and found a couple pieces of lake city brass on the ground, they were covered in chicken chit but they're polished up now.

Bought from a local shop. Wish they had an 8 lb jug of Titegroup or something I can load heavier 9mm with
-8 lb Jug of Winchester 296
-8 lb Jug of H4895 ([beeep] yeah, .243 fodder)
-8 lb Jug of 2400
-1 lb of Win 244 to try in 9mm

DidCTiu.jpg

Last edited:
I processed a bunch of military 5.56X45 brass for reloading: Sized, deprimed, reamed primer pockets, trimmed to length, chamfered mouths, deburred flash holes and checked for sizing with a .223 chamber guage.

Hadn't been to a local large reloading supplies shop, since early last fall. Wanted to see how they were on stock. Bullets thin, reloading equipment(dies) almost gone. No powder or primers. I rummaged through the garage sale boxes, and managed to find 200 of the old white box Remington .224 52 gr match bthp, and another 1/2 or better box for 22.00. Grabbed a box of .357 txp bullets as I'm going to try handloading when my Lee carbide dies arrive. They had a bunch of .224 Sisk match bullets? Didn't know anything about them, so they stayed.

I found a box of .309 caliber, 90 gr xtp for 16 bucks and thought I'd try them for 30-30 plinkers. Seem to shoot great over 8 gr of unique and wreck water bottles pretty good! Love my new model 94.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI found a box of .309 caliber, 90 gr xtp for 16 bucks and thought I'd try them for 30-30 plinkers. Seem to shoot great over 8 gr of unique and wreck water bottles pretty good! Love my new model 94.

run those in 300 blackout for mouse fart loud subsonic through my CVA Scout. they're crazy quiet over trailboss

warm them up to >2000 fps and they get brutally violent (not my vid) lol

i wanna smack a groundhog or something similar with one at high velocity like that

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootHadn't been to a local large reloading supplies shop, since early last fall. Wanted to see how they were on stock. Bullets thin, reloading equipment(dies) almost gone. No powder or primers. I rummaged through the garage sale boxes, and managed to find 200 of the old white box Remington .224 52 gr match bthp, and another 1/2 or better box for 22.00. Grabbed a box of .357 txp bullets as I'm going to try handloading when my Lee carbide dies arrive. They had a bunch of .224 Sisk match bullets? Didn't know anything about them, so they stayed.

I have heard of the Sisk as well as Cheeks bullets. Ive shot cheeks and had excellent results. Never the Sisk's though. A quote from another forum regarding the Sisks. "In their day, Sisk bullets were some of the best. While not meaning to sound cynical, today’s Benchrest bullets are so much better that there is almost no comparison". If they are reasonable, I would pick em up.

-Picked up some of RMR's 69 gr Match bullets to try in the 18" SPR

-Managed to find some about 7500 total 9mm cases locally and Gunbroker for $20-$40 per 1k shipped. That will use up the primers I have remaining and hold me over for a while. Now to find powder for them...

-Bought
800ct .38 cal 158 gr SWC
800 ct .38 cal 158 gr RNFP
400ct 32 cal 170 gr RNFP for my .32 Win Spl
500 ct .44 cal 240 gr SWC
700 ct 200 gr .44 cal RNFP
all from Oregon Trail last night.

To top it off, those were both sober purchases
tt2.gif

Last edited:
Back