Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3270372 - 02/14/21 08:08 AM Re: My CZ 527 got a new DIY barrel [Re: JTPinTX]
crazyyote Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: ohio
Excellent work and excellent results. Machining is quite the art/skill.

#3271607 - 02/22/21 09:53 AM Re: My CZ 527 got a new DIY barrel [Re: Three 44s]
JTPinTX Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Wellington, TX
When we bought that lathe it did need some work. It definitely had been used a lot, and used hard. But we got it so cheap (and with a lot of tooling), it was worth it. Lots of people don't have room for a machine that size so sometimes you can get a deal. We stripped it down and cleaned everything up good, replaced a few worn out parts here and there, and it runs great now. It has a few little things a guy needs to know about to get the accuracy out of it but no biggie.

Originally Posted By: Three 44s
Good work and great story!

I am surprised that you can get that much accuracy out of that large of a lathe. I always think of the big heavy lathes as work horses that have been worked hard and “put away wet”!

As far as 527’s go, I love them!

My two are a 12 twist American in 223 and an American in .204 Ruger

My drag around rifle in .223 is the Ruger American Compact. I am a farmer and that Compact is my truck and tractor rifle.

Three 44s

#3271775 - 02/23/21 08:47 AM Re: My CZ 527 got a new DIY barrel [Re: JTPinTX]
JTPinTX Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Wellington, TX
Here is another group from some of those "leftover" loads from the old barrel. I was verifying my 200 yard zero yesterday. Had just a touch of wind from 9 o'clock drifting it to the right. But .538" at 200 is an absolute screamer group for me. That is dang close to 1/4 MOA.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.