Prices look to be coming down

It seems to me like certain ammunitions are becoming more available. Could be dropping in price some. Maybe people are about stocked up...

If people would only buy as they consume we would not have these issues.

I've made ONE purchase at an inflated price last month and decided NO MORE. I was down to my last 40 rounds of hunting ammo and caved in and bought three pounds of IMR 8208XBR and almost $50 a pound... SHAME ON ME.

STOP buying stuff from hoarders who buy ONLY to resell at inflated prices and things will get back to normal... we've seen this time and time again.

I think it is letting up some. Ammo is available online, yes outrageous prices but a month ago it wasn't there. And it doesn't appear to be moving lightning fast like it was. Availability is the first step. Prices on GB seem to have leveled off and in some cases are coming down some.

I don't buy at crazy prices because I don't have to. Well, I did buy a lb of Retumbo at $42 I guess. And a couple hundred primers for $8 for someone else, who ended up not wanting them lol. It's ok and nothing to lose sleep over.

It evened out today, my bil did a little shopping for me and got 6 boxes of 30-30 bullets for $20 each so I'm set for a while on those. 160 ftx and 150 rn which were $18 I think. Blems but they shoot just as good for me.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootStill don't see the need for ammo, if guns are banned.

Because everyone will comply 100%?

I bought a box of 1,000 Federal Match large rifle primers at a gun show last weekend for $150. That is easily 3 to 4 times as much as you could buy them during good times. I don’t hoard supplies. I will not buy any more at these prices unless that becomes the new normal and I am out of components. I don’t have a ton of primers, but I have enough to keep me going for several years depending on how much shooting I do. Because I reload most of my ammo, I feel like I am better off than folks that do not. The only ammo that I do not reload for is what I use in my carry hand guns.

Working retail in a gun department of a big box store(runnings) I see it’s letting up some the supply anyways people hoarding not even the slightest people are still panic buying. We got 80 boxes of 9mm Monday it sold out in 1.5hrs and we limit it to 2 boxes per customer. The other week we had 3 full pallets of ammo some of everything had to put extras in back stock. It was put out as I was punching out at 4pm I swung back in the next day at 3 and EVERYTHING was gone we had 70k rounds of 5.56/.223 it was sold out. Just making small talk with customers 9 out of 10 say they have 10k rnds of 9 or 556 and won’t shoot because they don’t know when it will be available again, then look at me like I’m crazy because I go to the range every week and shoot. I buy my 2 box limit and shoot 1 box no need to sit on ammo and not practice with the gun you carry or would use in a SHTF situation.

Powder we used to get every other month now we’re getting it every other week. Same thing it sells out in a blink. Last Monday we got 30 lbs of various hodgdon powders and it was gone Tuesday morning. Some guys we weed out that don’t reload and it’s obvious. They start out “what gun powder do you have?” Reply back opening up the log book “we have a variety what are you looking for?” “Doesn’t matter I just need gun powder I’ll take all I can get of what ever you have” “uh no sorry” get a few of them every time we get powder.

So seeing that it is coming in more frequently and in better numbers is a good sign I guess it’s just all the people panic buying still.

Originally Posted By: masshunterJust got a Cabelas flyer and they are limiting powder to one can of each per customer.

But they don’t have any

I backordered one on brownells for $335 (plus $20 off) shipped with a code. Arrived within a month. Good press but Id never pay double that for it. Prices arent moving soon. Everyone is buying way more than they think they'll ever need since Creepy Uncle Joe is scaring the [beeep] out of everyone with his current anti-gun heretic.

I can't say I am innocent either. I have more than enough components for quite some time but I find myself buying more if the price is fair. Bullets and brass dont really go bad and powder and primers seem to be a good investment at the moment.

Went to a local store in Tulsa today. $39.95 for a 50 round box of Mag-Tec 9mm FMJ. Same ammo I was paying $9.50 before the crunch. The had 380 as well.....$69.95-79.95 for a box of 50. If that ain't gouging I don't know what is. I can't see prices coming down at all around here.

At those prices the local gang members may have to limit their drive byes to no more than 2-3 shots per house.

Last edited:
I doubt we will see decent prices for several months if not a couple years. Fortunately I have plenty of ammo and reloading supplies that I could get by for years. I haven't bought any ammunition in over a year. The only powder, primers and bullets that I've bought in the last 12 months was for my muzzleloader.
For the moment I'm refusing to buy any ammunition or reloading supplies until the prices come back down. I do have a custom 300 win mag being built so I may break down and order some different bullets to see what it likes.

I've looked at a few rifles considering purchasing but with no available reloading supplies, it kinda kills the idea. Hate to spend money on a rifle I can't shoot or get ammo for.

Your guns will be gone by 2030, ESG ratings will be used to close companies that don't fall in line with the reset. World Economic forum is running the white house, planned by the 2008-2016 president. John Kerry has already said plan is ahead of schedule.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootStill don't see the need for ammo, if guns are banned.

On the contrary most of us are going to need more ammo than ever before if guns are banned.

Back