Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3271313 - 02/20/21 01:29 PM Re: Need help baiting for Bobcat [Re: Mtns2hunt]
Ethan1234 Offline

Loc: West virginia
Bobcats love regrowth pine and lorel thickets from when people logged or did some excavation in an area they will also walk the edge of heavy brush but bobcats will walk through the woods like a fox or yote will to if you want to catch a bobcat i love hellfire for a bobcat lure it makes them go nuts and some cat urine but visual attractants are key just know bobcats loose their curiosit quick so its key to throw some curiosity lures in a cage and bobcats arent that smart they just loose interest fast that could seem as they were refusing your cage but keep a couple good lures in a cage withe visual attractants and good bait you will catch a cat if there are some in that area you set up but location is key

#3299405 - 05/22/22 10:28 PM Re: Need help baiting for Bobcat [Re: Ethan1234]
Mtns2hunt Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: VA
Originally Posted By: Ethan1234
Bobcats love regrowth pine and lorel thickets from when people logged or did some excavation in an area they will also walk the edge of heavy brush but bobcats will walk through the woods like a fox or yote will to if you want to catch a bobcat i love hellfire for a bobcat lure it makes them go nuts and some cat urine but visual attractants are key just know bobcats loose their curiosit quick so its key to throw some curiosity lures in a cage and bobcats arent that smart they just loose interest fast that could seem as they were refusing your cage but keep a couple good lures in a cage withe visual attractants and good bait you will catch a cat if there are some in that area you set up but location is key

This is a very late reply but thank you for your advice. I will try the [beeep] fire and curiosity lures. I have also noted your advice about the laural thickets and logged areas. I know a couple of areas on public land that fit that description. I will however only call on public land. Traps are inclined to walk.

#3299780 - 06/01/22 09:06 PM Re: Need help baiting for Bobcat [Re: Mtns2hunt]
spotstalkshoot Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: so.mn
Trapping is location,location,location. Including when using bait,lure. Most predators are rarely hungry enough to override natural survival instinct, that includes getting them to travel in or through locations they don't feel safe in.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  AWS 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.