Recommendations on quality MLOK free float rails

Really want a BCM MCMR as I have one on a pistol build and like it. Not a fan of the Geissele, at least not the MK4 or MK8 because of the ergos. They have too sharp of corners and feel more like holding an "I" beam than a tube. The BCM is cleaner and less expensive to boot.

Anybody here run something similar?

Have a Midwest Industries 3GM something or another on a 16" carbine and its decent but the mounting setup leaves much to be desired.

Had a Larue on order but Im tired of waiting with no update, plus the locking ring is fugly.

SLR rifleworks and then choose which flavor you like best as they have multiple. Own multiple and they are my go to. Great rails

Originally Posted By: SoganSLR rifleworks and then choose which flavor you like best as they have multiple. Own multiple and they are my go to. Great rails

I've heard of them before but never really looked into them until now. They look like a quality piece, have to see if I cant find one in stock now.

I second the SLR rails... they have various ones to choose from, the fit and finish is excellent.

I have about seven or eight rifles with SLR rails, what I like most is the barrel nut does not need timing.

The most comfortable one I have was made by a fellow named Jonathon Whitney, he was selling them on facebook last I heard. I have an email address:

johnathan.m.whitney@gmail.com

My next favorite is a Bear Creek Arsenal and then a Fortis Knight.

Ended up buying a used, like new take off BCM Keymod for $130 and it will serve my purpose until BCM decides to make another run of MLOK. I will certainly be checking out SLR for future builds, really like the look and the non-timed barrel nut is a plus

Originally Posted By: Zastava223remEnded up buying a used, like new take off BCM Keymod for $130 and it will serve my purpose until BCM decides to make another run of MLOK. I will certainly be checking out SLR for future builds, really like the look and the non-timed barrel nut is a plus
A non-timed barrel nut should be standard for all rails. Why some companies still do them is beyond me

Originally Posted By: BobTThe most comfortable one I have was made by a fellow named Jonathon Whitney, he was selling them on facebook last I heard. I have an email address:

johnathan.m.whitney@gmail.com

My next favorite is a Bear Creek Arsenal and then a Fortis Knight.

I also have one from Jonathan. Is a 17" on a 6mm wildcat that I have. When I get back home Monday I'll try to remember to post a pic of it.

Originally Posted By: travmack[/quote]

I also have one from Jonathan. Is a 17" on a 6mm wildcat that I have. When I get back home Monday I'll try to remember to post a pic of it.

I just checked mine and it's a 15" but also on a 6mm wildcat, a 6mm Mongoose.

Back