Wildlife Technology call?

canineshooter

I have had a Wildlife Tech MA21 caller for around 12 years now. It's been an awesome caller through the years. The remote doesn't have the range it used to and doesn't shut off in below zero temps. It also weighs 6 lbs and I'm getting tired of the weight.
12 years ago there always a lot of talk on here comparing Wildlife technology with other brands. I don't see any recent reviews on there latest models. I see they have the same remote today as I had bought 12 years ago. I would like to use a newer design with a lighted screen. I would like to buy something lighter still with the volume of my old one with a lighted screen on the remote.
Any ideas? Anyone running the newest Wildlife Technology callers?

I have had the latest mighty atom for a year now, and can say this is the best caller WT has produced to date.

That said, the remote has been updated internally and has solved the range problem, as far as any other changes to remote, NONE

I wish WT (Bill) would update callers to allow other sounds to be downloaded on it and also, update a remote like other call manufacturers so you can use at night and see what sound your choosing

As I’ve got older, my eyes are not as good as they use to be, and reading a sound list off of paper has become a problem, especially in the dark

Sounds like me. My eyes sure aren't what they used to be either. I pretty much use the same 6 sounds all the time so I have them memorized to make it easier in the dark. Good to know they still make a good quality call. They must not market or advertise like other brands. I sure cant find much new info on them. My old one doesn't ow me a thing. Tricked a lot of coyotes within my kill zone through the years.

Last edited:
I'm ust the opposite I have poor eyes and hate screens where you have to scroll for your sounds. I make large print laminated cheat sheets, I pretty much have most of my sounds memorized for that stand before I turn on the caller.

GkodMb.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: todbartellWT are the rotary dial of the cell phone world

Check out the Foxpro X2S

The Rotary Dial was reliable the new cellphones not so much.

IT'S THE SOUNDS THAT MAKE WT GREAT. NO ONE ELSE COMES CLOSE TO THEIR DIVERSITY AND QUALITY.

So true, during my whole life and I date to crank phones on the wall I've never heard of a rotary dial phone needing a service. I wish I could say that for cell phone, infact you nearly need to get a new one every couple of years just so they will work with the new technology.

I have a couple very old Minaska callers with the same looking remote that have been in service since new without a problem, my CS-24 remote has been in twice.

I'm ordering a new WT next week.

I also am a WT lifer, The remote for me works great for night hunting, I basically kill all my dogs with maybe 8 sounds at the most, and have them memorized.. I put a little glow in the dark paint on the numbers and its just enough for you to see, I also have a velcro strip on the remote and a strip on my hunting coat left side bottom, that way my remote is always right where I need it for multiples or after shot Ki Yi's.. I bet I can change sounds as fast as anyone can, and that's key to confusing dogs or calling them back after a miss..
I have two Wt calls, and what is real cool for crows, is I can pair the calls and run with one remote, or run two remotes, let me tell the crows go nuts when you run two different sounds at the same time..
Dont get me wrong I think Fox Pro is a great and innovative company, but for an "old school" guy like me, WT is my go to call..

Anywhere one can preview WT sounds, just curious, my Icotec Night Stalker has always produced, but, I keep hearing phenomenal things about WT. Curiosity aroused.

Back