Larue MBT 2 stage trigger (Opinion's Please!)

Rhino20

I have a 5.56 and was looking to upgrade the trigger. I have seen some positive ratings on the Larue MBT 2 stage trigger. The price is hard to beat.
Anyone have an opinion on them? Good, Bad or??
Thanks!

Last edited:
Love them. Very crisp, short reset and well built. I've traded out all my other aftermarket triggers for these. For the price point they are hard to beat.

I was buying a new trigger for a build and compared my Rock River national match trigger with jp springs and a MBT in another receiver. It was very hard to distinguish a difference but ultimately I decided that the Larue was a tiny bit superior.

Last edited:
I have two Geissele G2S, two LaRue MBT 2S and eight RRA National Match triggers. For the price I like the LaRue MBT 2S triggers the best. The RRA NM are not consistent from one trigger to the next. Side by side the Geissele G2S are identical as are the two LaRue MTB 2S triggers. I’ve had one RRA NM match trigger go bad with very few rounds through it. I haven’t bought anymore RRA NM triggers since the one failed.

It’s not Geissele SSA-E good but it’s also only slightly worse for more than a $140 difference. It’s a good buy

Originally Posted By: SoganIt’s not Geissele SSA-E good but it’s also only slightly worse for more than a $140 difference. It’s a good buy

exactly what he said, it is a close second to my SSA-E and if I had to do it again I would just buy the Larue. I also own Timney and a couple of different single-stage hiperfires.

Fair warning, Larue is known to not show in stock/OOS on their site. I know for a fact the triggers are backordered for an unknown amount of time, its been a month for my order and still no update.

Originally Posted By: Rhino20I have a 5.56 and was looking to upgrade the trigger. I have seen some positive ratings on the Larue MBT 2 stage trigger. The price is hard to beat.
Anyone have an opinion on them? Good, Bad or??
Thanks!

I have a two. They are hard to beat and compare equally with the Geisselle SSA-E I have. I think I paid $87 shipped?

Get a couple - you won't be sorry.

Originally Posted By: Zastava223remFair warning, Larue is known to not show in stock/OOS on their site. I know for a fact the triggers are backordered for an unknown amount of time, its been a month for my order and still no update.

Good thing i have a spare.

Originally Posted By: Zastava223remFair warning, Larue is known to not show in stock/OOS on their site. I know for a fact the triggers are backordered for an unknown amount of time, its been a month for my order and still no update.

They used to have it setup where you pay a little extra to get the trigger right away. Not sure if that’s still the deal.

Originally Posted By: Willy BrotzOriginally Posted By: Zastava223remFair warning, Larue is known to not show in stock/OOS on their site. I know for a fact the triggers are backordered for an unknown amount of time, its been a month for my order and still no update.

They used to have it setup where you pay a little extra to get the trigger right away. Not sure if that’s still the deal.
I think that was for their Black Friday sales only. You had to check a box stating you were ok with extended shipping lead times

For the money spent they can't be beat. No regrets here.

And if for some reason you don't like it you would have no trouble

getting rid of it.

Back