Been a while..

coyote6974

I used to use a little ten dollar plastic still cottontail distress call made by Primos. Even though I called and killed many a coyote with that call, over the past twenty years I've become more and more dependent of my Foxpro calls.
The other evening I got set up above a creek bottom where I'd found a deer kill a couple days earlier. When I pulled out my Foxpro Fusion I saw I'd neglected to turn it off the last time I used it. I'd also used three of the eight spare duracells I carry to replace the batteries in my remote, so I was short on good batteries, so, once again, I was down to my little plastic Primos.
I eased over to where I could see into the creek bottom I was hoping to call a coyote up out of, and found myself a tree to lean against. With my rifle cradled in my right arm, I began calling with the Primos. It took a couple series to get it sounding just right again but it wasn't long until I spotted a coyote trying to circle in downwind of me through the bottom timber. I gave him a little moan on the Primos that turned him toward me, so I got my rifle up and found him in my scope. Just as I picked him up, he stopped about 100 yards from me looking right at me. He was about forty feet below my stand and 100 yards out, giving me a straight on chest shot. I quickly took the shot he was giving, and dropped him with a single shot. It's always satisfying to bring one home with a mouth call.

0F6EPA6.jpg

Turned out to be a nice male coyote.

Originally Posted By: weekenderWhat kind of call did you say that was?

UskvLMu.jpg

Works for me too!

That's the one.. They work very well when properly used.

GOOD JOB!
Gotta love those kills with the hand calls, I am a firm believer in breaking out the old sounds that they haven't heard in a while...

Back