Ah yes, the feel of frostbite.

skinney

Director
Got out Yesterday afternoon made 3 sets, Camera held up (with massive drag) in the LCD display, but managed to get another filmed Double and couple solos. Cold, Cold, Cold! -10 and even colder as the wind increased.

We hit up the same exact ground a couple contest hunters filtered through last week, and tied up the loose ends for a Rancher who's getting closer calving.

50932991601_7aa0be8681_k.jpg

Great picture and good work on the coyotes.

Yesterday I helped a rancher and his family brand 154 calves. I had to take off my long sleeve T-shirt because it was to warm.
ohmy.gif

The rancher's 13 year old granddaughter castrated 71 bulls.

I used to go out in them temps when I was much younger, in my 30's & 40's.
Going on 66 now, I still went out yesterday but no calling, just trying to glass one to snipe napping on a brushy sidehill from the SxS. Was -10 too around 2 PM. But now it's really going to get cold this weekend.

I was freezing at 20 degrees and windy. I don’t have the right clothes or blood for that kind of cold!

On a side note, what kind of chest pack is that you are wearing?

Originally Posted By: backtrollerIt's been cold in North Dakota also most mornings have been -25 actual temp and toss in a 10 to 15 mph wind and it's a battle!

It was -22 here this a.m. when I broke tanks, I haven't even started the Tractors yet, hydraulic oils gonna be like toothpaste for a while.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerI was freezing at 20 degrees and windy. I don’t have the right clothes or blood for that kind of cold!

On a side note, what kind of chest pack is that you are wearing?

I designed them, I have a digital pattern, I'm just trying to get them manufactured.

Originally Posted By: MarshallDillonTxNice job!!!
Tell me about the chest bag on the guy on the left, please. Brand model etc. Thank you

I actually helped design that pack and have the exclusive... I'm in the middle and that pack I'm wearing is the finished product, I have a digital pattern, just looking to start production.

Looks cold as all get out. What kind of clothes are y'all wearing to keep some of that wind out? The wind is what gets me. For the most part my coat and coveralls and the layers underneath keep me pretty warm but if I can improve in any aspect I'm interested.

My hands get cold fast because I got frostbite when I was a kid. In temperatures below 0 or anything close to it my fingers feel like they've been hit with a hammer. Plus after a few snake bites I have nerve damage from that so the cold can be really painful.

I just noticed the only gloves I see don't have fingers on them. I can't do that or they'll fit perfectly. Cause my fingers would fall off.

Last edited:
Nothing really particular right now on the layering. Base layer, then fleece, then either the overwhites or regular layer. Works great for us but usually we aren't out in anything more than 15 mph winds due to the video aspect and it's not nearly as fun.

I go fingerless man, all the time, I've had frostebite a few times, not the kind that turns your skin black, but it did peel a layer or two. I usually tuck them under my coat so it makes direct contact with my stomach, warms them up fast and keep them limber to the trigger, or my camera controls.

Back