CZ 527's discontinued

Hard to believe you could blame it on COVID considering gun sales have been through the roof, but pretty clear from the article they are refocusing where they are making the most money: pistols.

My 527 Varmint in 17 Hornet is one of my favorite guns. The set trigger is just fantastic. Too bad.

Weird, look what followed me home just yesterday. nib

QGbrJIXl.jpg

qW1I5pD.jpg

OHtkuLjl.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I can live with the thumbhole stock. Don't really like em but I can live with it but to go send it to the USA market with that bastardized metric thread so now everyone that wants to screw a can on the end has to go get an adapter, well that sucks. Oh well I guess it'll just make me appreciate the 527 Varmint 17 Hornets I already have that much more.

204 AR, congrats on the new addition. I had one just like that for awhile and ended up selling it to a friend of RD's.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARWeird, look what followed me home just yesterday. nib

Oooooooh! That's purty! You done good right there! About 15 years ago when I found out that CZ was going to start making them in .17 Rem I ordered me one right away. What a shooter too. My CZ 527 .17 Hornet and I were at the range today and that's another one of those guns that I sure am glad that I purchased.

Keep me in mind if you ever get crazy and want to sell that thing!

Honestly, I'm undecided what to do with it. I found one on gb last week, used, $1300 with 2 days left. It's almost too nice, and too rare, to butcher up by threading the barrel for a suppressor. I don't have brass, or rings for it. And my bore scope won't go in 17's. Which is kind of my crutch now for cleaning. But I had a 17-223 in an ar, and I KNOW what the hype is about. Addicting for sure, so we'll see. And it is just about the sweetest little action and rifle I think I've ever handled. Not very heavy for a varmint barrel. A full size Rem action would seem drastic overkill now. I think it might sit in the box for a while.

What's it worth to ya lol?

I just noticed they don't chamber any of the remaining 527's in 204 Ruger. I actually thought that was one of the best ones they made and I don't recall ever really hearing anyone complain about there CZ 527 204's. I know the one I had shot extremely well.

204 AR I'll have to look but may have a brand new set of Warne med. rings for a CZ 527 if your interested.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind if I keep it, I feel like I'm at a self imposed spending limit right now. I've been on a bit of a buying spree this winter.

Originally Posted By: 204 AR

Oh, not as much as what you had to pay for it. I'm sure it was worth it but 15 years ago (OK- a long time as far as gun prices) I paid around $600 for mine with rings. My Lilja barreled .17 Rem Model 700 still shoots lights out so guess that I will hold onto it for a while.

The varmint model I have in .17 Remington is a real tack driver and coyote thumper. I really hate to see such a fine rifle be discontinued.

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: 204 AR

Oh, not as much as what you had to pay for it. I'm sure it was worth it but 15 years ago (OK- a long time as far as gun prices) I paid around $600 for mine with rings. My Lilja barreled .17 Rem Model 700 still shoots lights out so guess that I will hold onto it for a while.

Honestly I don't feel too bad at 816 otd. No rings though.

From a business prospective: It makes sense to change when the demand goes down and sales dry up.

From my Prospective: I have the CZ 527 17HH Varmiter Highly accurate rifle. Its a great weapon for those of us that need only shot. But Come on the new CZ Bren 2 Ms wow I can light up the night sky. I wonder if I can get a 30 round clip. The heck with a bullseye, Ill take the whole target off the board. Lol

204 AR said:
Weird, look what followed me home just yesterday. nib

QGbrJIXl.jpg

qW1I5pD.jpg

I have that very rifle that I purchased within the past year or so. I love it and it is a real shooter with the Hornady 25 gr HP's. Since Hornady discontinued those as well I am glad I stocked up while I could. I would definitely not get rid of it.

Something that was pointed out on another forum, are we sure this is a company wide CZ change because their CZ USA may still offer all the same models, like the Varmint and American, which would make a lot more sense than CZ dumping those two VERY popular models in the American market.

Back