Video: Releasing a Badger from a Trap

Not cool at all. Posting things like that is ammo for the anti trapping lobby. Don't think it can't happen, and you will have only yourself to blame.

Originally Posted By: masshunterNot cool at all. Posting things like that is ammo for the anti trapping lobby. Don't think it can't happen, and you will have only yourself to blame.

The same thing could be said about every success story posted here with pics. Maybe we should just shut the site down for fear of repercussions.

Originally Posted By: masshunterNot cool at all. Posting things like that is ammo for the anti trapping lobby. Don't think it can't happen, and you will have only yourself to blame.

I suspect this website is not for you. You may want to find somewhere else to spend your time.

What? You kind of lost me with your thought process. Are you referring to the animals in traps? Or The trapped Badger being released?

PREDATOR HUNTING
People post kills under this category of animals with their guts hanging out lol. The only thing I see that's wrong is he keeps posting his trap catches in the wrong category.

He should be posting them in: TRAPPING AND FUR HANDLING

The Antis can go xxxx off. From their filet of fish from McDonalds that was gasping for air, Beefers that were electrocuted before sent to Burger King.

I learned a long time ago that trying to apease or reason with a dedicated anti-hunter or trapper is a waste of time, kind of like trying to reason with a Communist. I will not spend my life trying to convince them. Some may be straddling the fence and perhaps those can be reached, like showing them from the video that a non-target animal can be released unharmed, with maybe only a sore foot for a few days. The rest of the self-proclaimed experts aren’t worth my time. I do what I do, and that’s all I’ve got to say about that.

Being that I trapped as a teen, living in a state that banned trapping, and hound hunting for bear and bobcat using pictures just such as that I stand by what I said. We have seen other states also ban trapping by referendum. These were not clean kills, and the animals jumping on the end of the chain will get plenty of checks sent to the Humane Society. I have taken the trapper education course at the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service,and a Big, Big, part of the course was PR. I have nothing against trapping, still have a couple dozen Victor and B&L traps laying around, the only brands back then. Share the pictures among friends, post pictures of the processed furs, but think,not of the antis, but the middle ground that can be swung either way. I'm sorry if I was too short with my comment, but I've spent over forty years fighting antis, starting with the 1976 handgun ban referendum, the 1998 trapping and hound hunting ban, and most recently the bogus "wanton waste" regulations pertaining to coyotes. I have also been a Hunter Ed instructor here for five years. At every turn our own actions ate turned against us. Enjoy, treasure your rights, and hope you don't find yourself using box traps next year.

Originally Posted By: masshunter These were not clean kills,

Because they are leg hold traps that don't harm the animals and allow you to release non-target species. But of course you already knew that.
Maybe a disclaimer should be placed in his intro.
No animals were harmed in the making of this video...except the ones that were.

I agree we should show a certain amount of discretion when showing what we do as hunters. That being said, these videos are very tasteful in my opinion. Nice family fun.

Haters are gonna hate us no matter what. Our rights are going to end at some point, get ready for it. I do not try to antagonize the ANTI weirdos with my videos, but I do not bow to them either.

Wow, this got out of hand haha. Actually the complete opposite has happened. I did these video series a few years ago then stopped. Then we had some bills come up against trapping and my videos were being showed to legislators in support of trapping. Shows what trapping is really about and how much we respect the animals even though we are trapping them. Those videos, and work from many other people in our state [beeep] these bills down like we’ve never shut them down before. After that, the VP of our association asked if I would keep doing them to help people recognize what trapping really is about. I don’t show dispatch, I’m not laughing at the animal, I’m not disrespecting the animal at all. I’m enjoying what our state has to offer with friends and family.

Haha but there always has to be that guy that wants to pretend they are everyone’s dad.

Originally Posted By: Fur AddictsOriginally Posted By: masshunterNot cool at all. Posting things like that is ammo for the anti trapping lobby. Don't think it can't happen, and you will have only yourself to blame.

Wow, this got out of hand haha. Actually the complete opposite has happened. I did these video series a few years ago then stopped. Then we had some bills come up against trapping and my videos were being showed to legislators in support of trapping. Shows what trapping is really about and how much we respect the animals even though we are trapping them. Those videos, and work from many other people in our state [beeep] these bills down like we’ve never shut them down before. After that, the VP of our association asked if I would keep doing them to help people recognize what trapping really is about. I don’t show dispatch, I’m not laughing at the animal, I’m not disrespecting the animal at all. I’m enjoying what our state has to offer with friends and family.

Haha but there always has to be that guy that wants to pretend they are everyone’s dad.

That's awesome, your videos showed the truth, and the truth won the day for once.

There's enough hiding, lying, cheating coming from the other side. If we have to hide what we do then we are sunk. I can agree that there are some people who would still find any of this distasteful, but there are far more imo who would see it in a more favorable light than what they had imagined and been told trapping was like. I used to love trapping in high school. I just don't spend the time or gas anymore.

Back