HR127 is BAD NEWS!

Yes it is, Apperently "legally" owning a fire arm is a sin now and we all need to be taxed yearly to do so...and pass a government appointed psychologists exam to do so....and if your thinking of buying something AR ish your family members have to pass the exam too....This isn't governing this is Bullying.

This is a bill that is introduced every year, or so I've read. It's so far out there I don't think it will get enough traction, even in this crazy environment we have these days.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARThis is a bill that is introduced every year, or so I've read. It's so far out there I don't think it will get enough traction, even in this crazy environment we have these days.

bills like this which are so far reaching usually die on the committee table. they introduce them to use it as much as a political campaign strategy as anything else

"I tried to, but those wrascally gun tote'in republicans blocked my efforts"

not that we shouldn't take these kinds of bills seriously ... but until it gets past - or at least some traction - in the committee there's no reason to go all hair on fire over it.

bills like this which are so far reaching usually die on the committee table. they introduce them to use it as much as a political campaign strategy as anything else

"I tried to, but those wrascally gun tote'in republicans blocked my efforts"

not that we shouldn't take these kinds of bills seriously ... but until it gets past - or at least some traction - in the committee there's no reason to go all hair on fire over it. [/quote]

Nope... commence operation hoard everything. Make it impossible for a guy to buy his boy a 22 for his 7th birthday, and find a brick of ammo to take him out... Merica! grab some TP too!

I can’t say this bill is trouble or not. What I see as a problem is the “ these kind of bills are introduced every year”. “ they never get any traction and die”. Guys we are right where we have got ourselves, this mentality and being the silent party just hoping things will blow over and people will see how backwards their thinking is. I’m not pointing fingers, I’ve been as bad as the rest. We need to make a change, we all need to get involved no matter how small or insignificant it seems. Let them know they have opposition. No it isn’t fun and it shouldn’t even be a problem, but if we don’t we have no one else to blame.

a0573df3f51c0689.png

I emailed my House Representative (Kevin Brady)as soon as the actual text of the Bill was released a couple of days ago and told him my "opinion" on HR127.
All 5 Bills that Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee introduced are absolute garbage. Pretty much every part of HR127 is bad from the $800.00 insurance you would have to pay to the Psych evals of you & your family that you would have to pay for, and the interviews with Ex-spouses (I don't see a problem here because nobody's Ex would say anything bad about them just to harm them)to the registering every firearm you have and it being in a PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE Data base!
And we won't even get into the fines/prison time that's in the Bill.
My Dad used to tell me that there is a difference between "Ignorant" and "Stupid".....Ignorant is a lack of knowledge and can be overcome with education. Stupid is......well, from all of the Crap she's introduced I'd say it's Sheila Jackson Lee!

Last edited:
Back