On the count of 3

lockrotor

On 12-30-20 I slipped when getting off my bobcat and fell on the side edge of the bucket. 3 broken ribs. So needless to say no hunting for me the last 3 weeks. Went out on saturday to give it a try and felt good. Tonight my buddy and I went to a farm we had good luck on last year. We set up on the south side of the swamp with wind from the north. Started calling, 20 minutes into call I see 2 coyotes come and stop by culvert I tell my buddy where they are as I start to change to pup distress to get them to come in. But they just sit there and look. My buddy says on 3. I said yep, I told him I got the one on the left. 1,2,3 bang,bang. My buddy starts to laugh, I see 2 coyotes down. I ask what's so funny? He said, they just tip over. His was 208 and mine was 225yds. A nice male and female. Hope to get out some more now that my ribs don't hurt as much.

50876399727_6648b306d6_c.jpg

WTG!!!!!!!!! Nice Pair-Thanks for sharing your hunt---Glad your doing better with the RIBS. That's tough Pain---Congrats on the Kills

Good deal getting both! Congratulations
I’ve been with hunting buddies and been in the same situation a few times. When it works, great
thumbup1.gif
but we have managed to screw it up too.. lol
My most memorable hunt was with my son. We snuck up on 2 coyotes feeding on a dead steer and we did the “ on the count of three” I took the left and he took the right one. Two triggers pulled at the same time and I watched my coyote drop into the tall grass. . I looked over to my son who has a big grin and gives a thumbs up. Then he points and says, your coyote is running away! He pulls the cross hairs onto the runner first and drops the coyote with a fine shot. On the walk to where the coyotes laid, I was informed I shot a half of coyote and my son shot one and a half. Turned out we had 3 coyotes down. Neither of us seen the 3rd coyote earlier but it had to be laying in the tall grass nearby.

Last edited:
Nice job on the 3 count
smile.gif

Glad the ribs are feeling better, must have been some awful pain.
Congrats on the yotes

Back