Advise on purchasing magazines.

GMAN_R

Hello all. I hope this finds you happy and well. I would like to purchase some P-mags for AR10 platform. Where is cheapest place online?

Midway has them in stock, 10 and 20. They also sell a 5 round limiter, 13 bucks for 3. Put one of them in a 10 and you're gtg.

Last edited:
You have already been given good advice. Midway is a good choice. I've also had multiple purchases from Brownells. Your local sporting goods store would be another place to check. You can wait for a sale but I would still expect to pay anywhere from $15 to $20 for a AR10 PMAG.

Thanks Kyle. I checked out your links. So correct me if I am wrong but the 4 and 20's are the same size? I was hoping for a short, smaller capacity mag. However, your reviews are solid and I am probably interested in purchasing some. Thank you again. Stay healthy!

Last edited:
I would make sure you buy 4 or 5 5 round magazines! 200.00 tax coming on anything over 5 rounds. I bought some right after election. They are getting harder to come by now. MD

Originally Posted By: NDAR15MANI would make sure you buy 4 or 5 5 round magazines! 200.00 tax coming on anything over 5 rounds. I bought some right after election. They are getting harder to come by now. MD

The proposed tax is on anything over ten rounds not five. Either way it's a bunch of B.S. and if it passes I don't see many people complying. You're also going to pay a $200 tax on the gun that accepts those five round mags.

There are two 3’ high boxes of 20 round P mags at my LGS, $18.99 for 308 and $13.99 for 5.56 limit 2 a day. I run 10 rounders in my 243 AR 10’s. They are heavy enough unloaded the way it is. I have zero need for 20 round and plus AR10 mags.

Originally Posted By: filmitOriginally Posted By: NDAR15MANI would make sure you buy 4 or 5 5 round magazines! 200.00 tax coming on anything over 5 rounds. I bought some right after election. They are getting harder to come by now. MD

The proposed tax is on anything over ten rounds not five. Either way it's a bunch of B.S. and if it passes I don't see many people complying. You're also going to pay a $200 tax on the gun that accepts those five round mags.

I agree that a $200 tax on ARs and high capacity magazines wouldn’t work out, even if they have the votes to get it to Biden’s desk. Many gun owners would see it as an infringement on the 2nd amendment and would refuse to comply.

Last edited:
there would have to be a grandfather and grace period for registration. just like the proposed "brace" issue recently

so while its not practical, and probably wont go anywhere (gun control bills of all types get introduced that never see the light of the house/senate floor)... they cant just slap a retroactive $200 tax on a bunch of stuff that was legal yesterday... thats just not how it works.

and before anyone freaks out - no i dont agree with it or condone it - im just trying to put a little practical reality of how similar circumstances have always ended up if such a change were to actually be put into place against our wishes.

Originally Posted By: NDAR15MANI would make sure you buy 4 or 5 5 round magazines! 200.00 tax coming on anything over 5 rounds. I bought some right after election. They are getting harder to come by now. MD

I suppose you would tell them about all the guns and magazines you have ?

[beeep]'em

It would never happen. First of all there would have to be serial numbers put on magazines to register them. If that would ever happen there would be 80% magazines up for sale just like lowers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorIt would never happen. First of all there would have to be serial numbers put on magazines to register them. If that would ever happen there would be 80% magazines up for sale just like lowers.

you're assuming they would allow 80% anything anymore, no less magazine "repair kits" to still be a thing after - or possibly even before - such legislation were proposed and successfully signed into law.

lest we forget already... this administration's transition team has already discussed 80% kits with BATFE officals as part of its upcoming push on gun control.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/11/atf-working-biden-transition-team-ban-pistol-braces/#axzz6dW6tSv71

i have several *ar15 20rnd pmags still in the bags.
i would rather have the 10rnd, the 20s hang down too far for me and just add weight when loaded.

Last edited:
Back