Anyone have experience with a 7/08 suppressed?

Tonester

Does anyone here run a 7/08 bolt action with a suppressor? I have a few questions.

What model bolt action?
Barrel length?
Notice a change accuracy?
How quiet is your set up?
How heavy is your set up?

TC

Rem. 700sa, 17 inch Shilen SS was cut back from 22 inches. No change in accuracy. Still has a crack to it, but definitely quieter. Probably around 8.5 lbs. Suppressor is a YHM Ti 7.62. My rifle is a .260 Remington,dont think that there would be any noticeable difference in it and a 7 08.

I run a factory Remington 700 that has the standard skinny hunting barrel. I had it cut to 22” and threaded so I can run a SilencerCo Omega on it. With my hand loads, 140 grain GameKing bullets it is running 2,770. I never shot the rifle without a can so I can’t tell you if I had any change in accuracy. I can say it will hold 1/4 to 1/2 MOA groups to 450 yards which is the furthest I have shot it so far.
The SilencerCo Omega is very quiet on my 08 and doesn’t add much weight.

I’ve got a defiance deviant/shilen 7-08 at 24” that I recently finished. I’ve never shot it without a suppressor but so far it’s right on par with most of the other rifles I’ve run suppressed. I’m wishing I had gone 20” or shorter as I had intended.

700 tactical in 308, not a 7mm08, but I can't imagine a significant noise difference. YHM stainless phantom. No change in accuracy, still a crack to it since it's the ammo is supersonic, but it definitely quiets it down.

Back