5/8 24 thread x .770 dia x .900 long thread protector. Where to find.

varminter .223

I put together a WOA 22 Nosler upper for a guy a few days ago and they told him he would need to find a longer thread protector. They sent one that was much shorter and bigger diameter. I figure the longer threaded area is intended to better support a suppressor but I need to find him a thread protector. Anyone know who makes one that long?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223Ive not had much luck any of those places. The .900 long is the issue.

Try calling x-caliber and see if they will make one .900 long...they are making these in house.

Sure it's not 5/8-24 threads per inch. I thread a lot of barrels and do 5/8-24 tpi. Does he want it out of aluminum, what exactly is he looking for. Let me know and I could probably help you out.
Tarey

Ya it's 24 tpi. Didn't realize I fat fingered that 25. I fixed the title.
I assumed most were stainless or a steel of sorts. I don't know why alluminum wouldn't work.

Last edited:
I had a bushing in one of my magic "ar stuff" drawers that was perfect. I didn't pay enough attention to the bushing woa sent. It was a spacer/jam nut that works with normal length bushing.

TRy E- bay like was said, plenty of thread protectors and muzzle breaks, flash suppressers and free shipping for most of it.

Back