Back pack slings. Your thoughts.

NDAR15MAN

A guy at work was showing me these Back pack slings. The kind they use in Olympics.
2 straps one for each shoulder. Rifle then Rides in middle of your back. I think I should have been using these the 20 years. Looks like so much easier to get all the stuff you use to the calling stand. 2 free hands to use hauling your stuff out. Any of you guys use these kind of slings if so your thoughts. Thanks. MD

They work well, I use a back scabbard for shotguns and bolt rifle and put together a double sling for my AR and last month sewed a scabbard for my AR also.

Double back sling on AR
AxySME.jpg

Back scabbard
9bVQWX.jpg

They make riding a bike or MC easy while hunting, a must have for being on skis or snowshoes

Last edited:
I like that double back sling for your AR15 rifle. A AR15 Rifle is a little different than Bolt guns on attachments. Could you share with us in how you made Or brand of slings you used and attached your backpack slings to your AR15 ?
Thanks. Marty

It is just two cheap/inexpensive Uncle Miles slings a pair of push button Quick Release sling swivels. My butt stock is pre equipped with a Quick Release hole and I attached a M-Lock quick release base to the hand guard. I did make a small safety loop from some braded cord that slips over the handguard incase the push button gets bumped.

First heard about these right here on PM. Bought a couple of them and they got their use when I was hiking after coyotes. Now not so much.
www.timberbutteoutdoors.com

They have come a long way after the initial offering. IRRC Yellow Hammer was pushing them.

Originally Posted By: Kino MWhy not just buy a nice Eberlestock pack and have everything you could ever need or want?

This was my response, almost word for word...

Personaly I don't want anything hard and unpadded running down my spine or really across my spine in case of a fall down a hill or other mishap . I wont wear SOB holsetrs for ccw either .

Yea, went the backpack route myself years ago, Eberlestock lodrag was my step up into "real" backpacks.

Nice, now have a frame backpack, and am looking at another, big league bag, Exo 6400 I think.

Tripod, chair, blind, calls, rangefinding binos, extra ammo and all kinds of other stuff I don't need fit nicely, carry nicely.

Thinking about getting into doing overnights even for coyotes, that's why the potential step into the $600+ market, tent, sleeping bag, stove etc... needs to come with too.

Originally Posted By: calling4life
Nice, now have a frame backpack, and am looking at another, big league bag, Exo 6400 I think.

If you do any serious backpacking or backpack hunting, you will love the Exo. I have their K3 4800 and my son uses my hand-my-down K2 3500. We both have smaller bags for hunting and the larger bags for Scout trips. We've packed many pounds many hundreds of miles and love these packs. My wife gives me a hard time about the cost, but I don't regret a single dollar of it.

Back