Ruger 57 (5.7x28) for Dogs

Hibs

Anyone slay a coyote or fox with one of these yet?

I just purchased one. I snagged a red dot base plate with it as well and am ordering up one of those new Holosun 507C red dots w/ ACSS reticle. Probably will slap an O-light on the bottom rail for 24/7 fun-ability. Figure this thing is going to be a competitor for my current favorite "walk in the woods" pistol, the Keltec PMR30.

Curious to hear (and see) if anyone else has one and is using it as I intend to.

No, but I am about to get one for a tractor gun. I think it will be great for those 50-80 yard shots that sometimes come up when I never seem to have a rifle with me.

My 5.7x28 is a FN five seven not a Ruger but regardless they're a fun little cartridge.

For what it's worth if you don't already have a line on some ammo you may want to look in to that before purchasing one because not only is it very difficult to find but they are asking wild crazy prices. I looked on ammoseek a few days ago and 5.7x28 ammo was anywhere from $2-$4 per round which makes those little boxes of 50 pretty high dollar.

Originally Posted By: Obi WanNo, but I am about to get one for a tractor gun. I think it will be great for those 50-80 yard shots that sometimes come up when I never seem to have a rifle with me.

Yes, exactly what I was thinking! Will be great when I'm out hiking.

Originally Posted By: B23My 5.7x28 is a FN five seven not a Ruger but regardless they're a fun little cartridge.

For what it's worth if you don't already have a line on some ammo you may want to look in to that before purchasing one because not only is it very difficult to find but they are asking wild crazy prices. I looked on ammoseek a few days ago and 5.7x28 ammo was anywhere from $2-$4 per round which makes those little boxes of 50 pretty high dollar.

I already bought the Ruger, waiting for it to be shipped to my FFL. Ammo for anything is stupid right now. I recently saw .22LR CCI Mini-mags selling for $1/round. I understand I probably won't have lucky finding 5.7x28 anytime soon, I'm fine with that. I have other guns with ammo in reserve, I can wait out the politics of this current ammo crisis.

I have been so tempted by the Ruger 57. I reload and found that there are problems with reloading 5.7 brass and the coating on it. If not for this I would have one right now. Maybe when or if the ammo shortages clear up, I will have one yet.

Back