Any thoughts on the 5.56 Ruger American Ranch

Burnsome,

Here is a pic of my Ruger Ranch 223 with Hogster 35mm thermal mounted on it as you requested. I am using the factory Ruger rail and the factory locking QD mount from Bering. I mounted it as far back on the rail as I could. with the way its sits, the rubber eyepiece fits right up against my eye. The butt stock is adjustable so I can adjust the LOP as necessary. But I usually keep it a bit shorter than normal. The Hogster's rubber eye piece sits back about 1" farther than my Leupold VX-1 scope does so that helps with the fitment.

50725169896_0ff5697c73_c_d.jpg

Thanks Spidicus. Nice looking rig there Sir. The adjustable butt stock probably helps you a lot.

My Hogster currently sits on an AR since my ATN 4K has stopped working. I've replaced the rear eyepiece with a flip up type thats blacked out so I dont get any light splashback.

Was thinking about trying it on a Model 7 Remington but I dont think it'll work. Will probably wait till I get the ATN back and try it on the 7 since the scope is of traditional scope dimensions.

My nephew has a RAR in 5.56 that has shot every round we put in it to 1 MOA or less at 100 yards. It is a shooter.

I just got a Howa Mini in 223 at Cabelas. Haven’t shot it yet, but hope its close to that RAR.

I finally got an American Ranch in 5.56. I shot it yesterday for the first time and it looks like it will be the perfect truck/atv gun for coyotes. My best group was a 60 grain hornady soft point over 24 grains of 4166. Not the fastest load at around 2675fps but I had 4 touching with 1 flyer. 26 g of varget was getting me in the low 2800 fps range and about an inch group. I think with some tweaking I can find a better load using Varget.

You will love it even more the more you shoot it. I have 2 of them in 5.56 and 300 BLK, both are shooters. The 300 BLK is my sons that I put my suppressor on for deer hunting. I don’t want him to end up like me and not be able to hear anything
( although that comes in handy when my wife is talking). He loves shooting that thing. Light, compact, and manageable recoil.

I like mine so far. Did mod the trigger spring and got the trigger pull down some from what you could with original factory setup. Quick and handy for sure. Haven't done much for load development, but it shoots what I have done up for it MOA or a little better.

Back