22- 6mm loads

204 AR

I just acquired a nice 22-6mm, I'll have to check the twist but I'm sure it's no faster than 12, maybe 14. What have you guys had success with?

My dad has had one for over 25 years I've probably shot as many coyotes with his 22-6mm as I have anything else but all he shoots is Berger 75gr VLD's and I don't think those will work to well with your 14tw.

Cool, I'll bet that's a flat shooting, wind bucking sun of a gun.

Yeah, I've got a bunch of 52 gr bthp and 55 vmax that are going to get the nod to start. I have 53 vmax also but those are probably too long. If only it were a 12 lol.

Originally Posted By: tj66Always wanted one. What is it set up on? It should make 52’s scream. Lol

A military mauser 98. I did a little write up in the firearms section and will get some pics up soon. Not a beauty queen in the current stock lol but I'll see how it shoots and then see how I like the stock.

If you can find some 52gr ELD-M which I think are the old 52gr Amax those always shot extremely well in the 14tw 22-250's I used them in and they have a decent BC.

The 53gr Vmax may still shoot ok for you in a 14tw it'll just probably be at a reduced BC.

The 14 twist shouldn't be a problem with the 53 gr Vmax.. The powder on the other hand?? Maybe 4831, R19, W760, H414?? As B23 said, the 52gr ELD is a good bullet! But that ones long profile! May work though since you can push them @ light speed..

you can run 60 grain bullets in a 14 twist you just have to push them fast. I shoot them in my 22-250 with a 14 twist I just have to use max loads.

I have a 22-6mm with a 1/9 twist, I shoot mostly the 65 grain Sierra gameking with H4831.
The 64 grain Winchester power point will stabilize in your 14 twist barrel with a slower burning powder. Good expansive bullet.

If you want to run a hot rod like a hot rod, look no further than RL26. I’m got up to 4400 w/55 bal tips in my 6-284. I backed it off to 4320 for barrel life.😀

I run a 22/243 AI on a 14T shooting the 60g Sierra ONLY at 4000 out of a 23" barrel which has zero freebore which shoots bug holes. I will look up the load and send you a pm, probably pretty close to the same capacity as your 22/6 Remington...close.

I had no luck at all with the 55g bullets, but hit a home run quickly with the 60g Sierra.

Last edited:
Back