Quads Are Awesome: Kirsch Chronicles

Kirsch

In my last post called Triples Galore, I mentioned I had a triple, quad, triple on 3 back to back stands. The following video is the quad, as well as a last single which brought my night total to 11.

I was frustrated when I started to edit the video to see the video file was damaged. As much as I love my Super Hogster, I am always honest about things I don't like. If you turn the power off on the scope while recording, the video file becomes corrupt because it doesn't end. I have found a program that I paid for that can fix a video file that didn't finish recording. However, once in awhile I get a recording like this. It is a corrupt video file. It doesn't happen often, but there are odd artifacts throughout the video. I cleaned it up the best I could. I have sent Bering examples of this, so hopefully they can figure out what causes it.

After shooting the 4th coyote, I surely thought the stand was over. As you will see in the video, as I was dragging the last set of coyotes back to the truck, I had 2 more following me.

It's takes a lot of grit to keep pounding it out night after night in such game poor area.
Congrats on another great season, I mean night. Fine shooting and thanks for sharing.

That's awesome Korey, congrats on the success!

Do you have a specific call or tactic that you use after you shoot the first coyote on a stand to get multiples to come in?

Pup distress works maybe 20% of the time around where I hunt. Hunters in other areas seem to have much better success with it.

I was just curious if you had a different approach? Thanks for any help!

Originally Posted By: IndyoteThat's awesome Korey, congrats on the success!

Do you have a specific call or tactic that you use after you shoot the first coyote on a stand to get multiples to come in?

Pup distress works maybe 20% of the time around where I hunt. Hunters in other areas seem to have much better success with it.

I was just curious if you had a different approach? Thanks for any help! I don’t talk about the exact sounds I use, or just like pup in distress in your area, my sounds would quickly lose their effectiveness. I will say in general I continue with my calling pattern but often get very aggressive with vocals after already experiencing success on the stand.

Awesome vid again Korey!

Do you not carry your scanner out with you while picking up your coyotes? I had kind of the same thing happen twice last time I was out. I scan every so often though while approaching the downed coyotes. So I ended up spotting them and getting another on the one stand.

Originally Posted By: dirtytoughDo you not carry your scanner out with you while picking up your coyotes? I had kind of the same thing happen twice last time I was out. I scan every so often though while approaching the downed coyotes. So I ended up spotting them and getting another on the one stand. I almost always carry my scanner when I am retrieving coyotes. On this occasion, I was too busy finding the 4 coyotes and not looking around to see if more were coming in. I was in some cover and the coyotes were a little tougher to find than usual.

Back