Thermion XP50 Comparison video

It appears the main difference between your XP50 and my hunting partner's is that his brightness level is always too high which I've been trying to tell him. Plus, he needs to select one of the modes probably for every stand depending on which one gives the best image quality. Thanks for posting the vids.

I’m sorry. Question was for g. Anderson being the he also has a thermion. But I am always willing to listen if anyone else has any advice on getting the possible image on their thermals.

Originally Posted By: weekenderThanks for sharing the videos G.

For being computer challenged I am surprised I got it done...I can tell you that Kirsch sure wouldn't want to be paying me by the hour to do his videos:)
I have just never messed with things like this and it took me several hours to crop them down enough to get my slow internet service to handle them...also had to have my wife figure out getting them to youtube...this will definitely not be a career move for me.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpIt appears the main difference between your XP50 and my hunting partner's is that his brightness level is always too high which I've been trying to tell him. Plus, he needs to select one of the modes probably for every stand depending on which one gives the best image quality. Thanks for posting the vids.

Definitely pick one of the modes and work with the brightness and contrast in getting them adjusted. You can see almost a glare or bloom off of the ground in your buddy's videos...the mode will change this and then getting his brightness set. I have some videos with the same glare/bloom on the ground and it took me awhile to get things adjusted and figured out. Getting the objective end adjusted right helps a lot too. At first I could get a halfway decent image but never that crystal clear look...I then realized to adjust the objective and this really helps do the "final" clearing up...and the ocular end then might need tweaked just a bit.
If he fiddles with it some more it will come in. Usually if the humidity stays relatively the same throughout the night you won't need to mess with the mode as much...but will have to tweak the brightness and contrast from field to field.

Last edited:
Back