Called my first with a hand call

ttedb3

Got up early Sunday morning and went to a property I’ve hunted a few times.
Walked in about 500 yards to an area that I hadn’t called yet, sat down my fusion and went to turn it on when I realized I had forgotten to grab the battery pack for it. Ive always carried a Primos hand caller that was given to me when I first got into calling but I’ve never used it. So I commenced to calling (much to my surprise I was pleased with the sounds that were coming out) after about 20 or 30 seconds I sat back and within five minutes to my extreme right I glimpsed
a movement, looked over and there was a coyote checking me out. Unfortunately I overestimated his range and shot right over him. I thought it was about 300 turned out he was 200 yards. My walk of shame back to the truck was somewhat tempered by my success with the hand call. It will stay in my pocket and I believe I’ll have to update to a handmade custom call.

That's a green light to move further into the game, you can use both together.
I have called in hundreds of coyotes with a Primos/Randy Anderson Lil Dog and KiYi.

I know what its like to kick my own [beeep]( the heel hurts). Try to focus on the positives. You know your capable of calling in a coyote with a hand call. You know you have to sometimes go places that you may other wise skip. You know that you need to learn to estimate range in open fields a little better or shoot a bullet with a flatter trajectory. You know you will start making sure you have everything you need before going afield.

thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Back