ATN X Sight 4K Pro 3-14?

thrillseeker

JUst ordered this scope for night time hog and coyote hunts. Pairing it with a Streamlight 88704 SuperTac. Has anyone used this setup and any recommendations/advice are welcomed!

Thanks

Haven’t used that particular illuminator, but I do like the scope. Mine has been a very good performer, given digital and price.

https://www.atncorp.com/infrared-illuminator-ir850-supernova

If you don't buy this ir illuminator .... you can leave your Atn 4K 3-14x at home and stay in bed to sleep. I was the first to have it in Italy in 2018. After going hunting for 5 consecutive nights ... I sold it because they struggle to see over 110 yards. At the time no one had told me that it was almost essential to purchase the IR 850 Supernova as an option. If I had known ... now I would probably still have my Atn 4K ...

A darn good scope for the $$. I have them in 3-14 and 5-20. Overall, I like the 3-14 better, it's a little smaller/lighter. The battery life on these units is fantastic. They are easy to operate once you learn the controls (like anything in life). Very easy to take a picture or record. Very easy to get the pictures/videos out of the unit, and the ATN Obsidian app works very well. I would never not buy a scope based on the illuminator. There have been great aftermarket illuminators available for years.

Thank you all. The Streamlight was rated higher than the Supernova across the board and got it on Amazon for $85. If the Streamlight IR does not work, I may try the Supernova.

Last edited:
I have a the same scope. I bought a NS750 IR Extreme. 1000 yard Illumination. Made all the difference. I also use ATN IR Bino's for scanning. When eyes show up then I go to the scope etc.

Rudy

Have had the 3-14 Pro for about 3 years now paired with an 850 Pro IR light and successfully eliminated around 45 +/- coyotes behind the house and on my property. It worked very well for the task and I felt the performance for the price was excellent as 6mm mentioned above. Dittos on what cmateria said as well with regards to battery life and ease of downloading pictures and videos via the app. I scan with a FLIR Scion for detecting, then got on the gun for positive ID and send lead. Typical shots were 60-120 yards over open terrain with woodlines in the background. Maybe it worked too good as I havent seen a coyote around here in a couple or three months. I kinda miss them actually now that I have the tools to "manage" them.

However.......................................

Around November 20th of last year I went out to hunt and the scope wouldnt "detect" my IR light. Total darkness. Scope worked during the day fine, and I tried another IR light just in case and it wouldnt "see" IR either. Called ATN and went through the usual gammit of downloading FW updates, etc and still didnt work, so I sent it in for repair. I suspect the IR sensor in the scope that picks up the IR went bad. It's out of warranty so there's that.

Anyway, still havent heard back from ATN about its status and I've emailed them about 5-6 times and never get an answer. Tried calling and couldnt get through either but didnt have the patience to wait a long time for someone to pick up. So, I'd say their customer "service" is somewhat lacking as they say, or at least their communication skills really suck. Maybe the covid shut them down a bit I dont know

I still think its a great value for what it is for hunting down here in NW Georgia. When/if I ever get it back I'm putting it on a bolt gun as I'm currently running a Super Hogster on my AR where the ATN used to sit. Love the Hogster but still learning to distinguish between foxes and yotes. Digital allowed me anyway to ensure positive ID between yotes/foxes before shooting. Now I find myself thinking about a digital scanner and/or PVS-14 for ID-ing the critters and shooting them with my thermal LOL...seems like I'm going backwards here, but maybe I'm overthinking it. There are occasional domestic dogs around sometimes and I gotta be sure of what I'm shooting in the dark

If ATN ever lets me know what the repair costs are, I'll decide if its worth fixing or not. If not, I'll buy another one and put it on a bolt gun as an extra night hunting rig or as a backup/loaner when needed. Still think its a great performer for the money

Have you ever tried the Atn 4K 5-20x? Friends who go hunting in Croatia prefer 5-20x over 3-14x. They also use the 5-20x for shooting during the day .... Of course when hunting from a tower stand, they prefer to have more magnification.

Last edited:
My shots are usually closer, so I prefer the 3-14. I have both though. The 5-20 is huge, but for long distance or stand hunting, you need it. I don't see them discussed much here, but I have the Pard NV007 and Pard NV008. They too are decent, and weigh about one pound.

Last edited:
Back