Sightmark wraith, which model?

kooman

I’m seriously considering getting one but I’m not sure what model to get, the 16x or the 32x. Will mostly be used for coyotes under 150 yard range. Any input would be appreciated

You will have a wider field of view with the 2-16 X 8, so if that is a consideration that is the one you want.

What Fitz said, The field of view on the 4x is very tight. I think it's around 18' at 100yds. The 2x is more than double that I believe. I posted a picture from the 4x in another post here and it was at 150yds to give you an idea of the field of view. Both scopes are good to go probably up to 200yds with the factory IR and both will provide a great image. Based on the range you're shooting I'd opt for the 2x personally.

Great info, thanks for your help, definitely sounds like the 2x is what I am wanting. Another quick question, is the Illuminator that comes with it good enough for 150 yards or do most guys find themselves upgrading?

The included illuminator is good for 250 yards or so ( though getting dim at that range ) with the 4x wraith . If I am shooting coyotes off a used cow at under 100 or shooting them around the homestead I use it myself . For calling out here on the plains I use a Coyote Cannon because you can actually see fencelines a half mile away with it and I like to watch them come in if possible . Now I have a thermal but have not hunted with it yet due to health issues so the big light might be overkill if i am still using the wraith . time will tell .

Back