Sellier&Bellet primers

i tried some in the past during the last shortage. they worked fine, but i found them to be a bit larger than what we're used to on standard primers. some wouldnt seat if the pockets werent well swaged/reamed. and i'm talking about known good brass thats 2 or 3x fired that i've not had issues with CCI in the past.

so i'm saving them for brass where my pockets start to get loose with cci/rem and once i have enough of those i'll run a batch with my S&B primers and leave em on the ground at the range. i mark the case heads with a sharpie when i feel them go in loosey-goosey so i know to put them in the 'one more go-round' bucket when i sort them after firing.

I have used them both in .223 plinking loads for AR's and in .45 Auto. They are a good cheap option, if you could call current prices "cheap". CCI is my go-to and has been since I started loading, but the S&B primers I used to find consistently under $20/1000 so they were economical. No issues, I didnt notice oversizing like Plant.One said. They seemed to ignite just like CCI and worked safely in AR's. I would still limit them to strictly plinking ammo though, my hunting/self defense ammo gets strictly CCI primers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zastava223rem
No issues, I didnt notice oversizing like Crapshoot said.

How did i get roped into a thread i haven't even posted in till now?

Originally Posted By: jnormanSmall rifle primers Sellier and Bellet anybody useing them? I see some on the net reasonable in price.

I found some on a scam sight, be careful. They had a bunch of ammo at normal prices, good looking web sight. Too good to be true.

Originally Posted By: jnormanDelta weapons shop...not sure if it's legit or not.

That isn't the one I found. But, I just searched delta weapons and every other hit was about them being a scam.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: Zastava223rem
No issues, I didnt notice oversizing like Crapshoot said.

How did i get roped into a thread i haven't even posted in till now?

Cause it was late and I cant read, fixed it!

I bought 2000 each small pistol, large pistol, small rifle, and large rifle a few years ago when Cabelas was selling them for around 25 bucks. I’ve use them with no problems whatsoever.

Originally Posted By: ttedb3I bought 2000 each small pistol, large pistol, small rifle, and large rifle a few years ago when Cabelas was selling them for around 25 bucks.

I bought two bricks of the small rifle S&B primers several years ago and as far as I could tell they worked just as good as any other caps. They are all gone now but they did fine by me. I would buy more.

Back