Hard Chargers

DoubleUp

We called in a triple tonight. My buddy was to my right so I let the lead dog pass for him, and stopped the second coyote. The third one was lagging and didn't get close enough to be in the mix. I killed my coyote, a big heavy male, DRT. I was shooting standing off the Night Stalker tripod.

Unfortunately my buddy was not sighting on the lead coyote. So, I shot the second one right out from under him, and the lead coyote never stopped to give a decent opportunity. Could have been a double, but at least we got fur down. Here is the big male and video below.

#25 by Double Up, on Flickr

Last edited:
What were the little white blips in the foreground that were moving to the right? Birds? Rabbits? They were in the first row of brush.

LMAO , the old saying “ you snooze you lose “ comes to mind. I’m sure your buddy would have felt better if you dropped him one too
tt2.gif

I thought the lead coyote might stop after it started running away, but it passed the coyote I'd killed and so that could have played into it. Most times they stop but sometimes they don't. I might could have made the running shot. I used to shoot them running a lot, but with the 243, I usually just wait until they stop. Didn't work out that time. My buddy had a better straight-away running shot, but didn't take that either. I don't know maybe he was too jacked up. One thing is for sure if you don't shoot, then you certainly missed.

How are the ribs coming? You should be getting to where you can start back hunting soon Mick.

Back