Coyote hunting is so easy!

Eng Bob

Well I took a trip to your great country and wrote to some 33 ranchers and guides asking if they had PD's or Coyotes on their ground.

My first Coyote hunt was with great chap and now a very good friend "Kenny" I met him at a small cafe miles from anywhere and we set off.

First stand I had my Savage .204 single shot bolt action.
I had shot few hundred PD's with this rifle the year before so I knew it was very accurate.
Being from England I was considered not a bad shot.
Kenny started to blow this dreadful screeching thing that frightened me to death.
We were on small mound and after just two minutes Kenny signaled a Coyote was coming in.
Well this is easy i thought should get about two or three hundred at this rate by the end of the trip.
Had I got enough cash for all the Bullets?
But of course the pelts sell for few $$$$ so could even be making money on the trip.

I spotted him coming slowly in through the sage bush,was my heart beating fast? thought it was going to jump out of my chest!
Thank goodness the screeching had stopped now and just silence as the Coyote came closer.
Kenny lay down slowly to give me clear shot.
I had my sticks with the rifle securely resting between the forks.
Safety off and with a gentle squeeze of the trigger and down he went.
Not the best shot in the world about 150yards but it WAS one of the BEST shots I have ever taken .
Was it that easy?
Kenny was more surprised than the Coyote he shook by hand and there were some back slapping. You may know the feeling ( I hope so) what a buzz, it was like nothing I have ever felt before.
I was hooked .
Yes that was easy and we were very lucky it was early June.
Coyote calling is THE hardest sport I know. You have to do everything 100% right even then you fail.
I hope that this C19 relents and I can get back to USA before I am to old to get about.
Thanks to all the kind Ranchers and everyone that has taken me out to hunt.

My total to date is around 60 coyotes in about 12 trips .
Best trip was 18 never had bad trip!

I enjoyed reading this with a British accent! I'm sure glad I don't have to cross an ocean to hunt coyotes. Glad you are able to do it.

England Bob....Loved reading Your Story,Welcome to the USA and happy You met such helpful Folks over here and You had some good Hunting!

Enjoyed your great writeup, Bob, especially the part about Quote:Kenny started to blow this dreadful screeching thing that frightened me to death..
lol.gif

I share your hope that this cussed virus is soon in our rear view mirror & you get to make another trip real soon.

Regards,
hm

Back