Speer 70 gr TNT Performance in 6x45 for Coyotes

Str8Shooter

What kind of experiences have you had with the Speer 70 gr TNT in a 6x45 for coyotes? I did a bunch of searching, but didn’t come up with a lot of information. I’m thinking about loading some up with IMR 8028 XBR and trying them out.

Subscribed......I've killed a few with 60 Sierra hp's at 3000 with great results but would be curious how the TNTs do as well. I here the 6.8 90s will saw em in half. 70s would probably be a similar speed.

Last edited:
They are ok but the best bullet I've found is the Sierra 75gr hollow point. It's a hammer on them and is a little shorter to fit the mag better. The TNT bullets work ok but they never shot as well. The 8208 powder is perfect in the 6x45.

I started out with the 70 tnt, they were ok. now shooting sierra 70 blitz. They hammer coyotes. Shooting them over imr4198, I've worked some up with 8208, but not shot them yet.

Thanks for the replies... was the Speer too explosive? Didn’t get sufficient penetration? I’m just curious because with bullets being hard to access, I picked up a few. I’ve also heard great things about 8208 in the 6x45 and luckily I have a decent supply on hand.

That’s what a was kind of thinking/ hoping. I guess I’ll just have to try them out. Maybe I’ll work up a load and try them in March?

The 70 grain TNT works great in my 20" 6x45 with 8208. Have killed numerous hogs. Groups very well in my 1/8 twist AR.

Back