Excited for morning

Tikkamike

Headed out in the morning to hunt a private ranch that is hard to get on. I have been fortunate enough to get to know the ranch manager over the years. I have permission on a neighboring ranch but this one is much bigger. I have been watching and any given day you can spot 5 or 6 just mousing out in the fields. Hoping tomorrow will be a good day!

Well crazy day.. first stand..I am getting settled in and haven’t even started calling and I spot a coyote. I hit female challenge and get its attention but it’s not interested so I play pup distress and it takes of running straight at me and is quickly joined by 3 others. I stop them at about 150 yards and shoot one but can’t connect on another. That one had mange so no fur for me.. had several stands where I had multiple dogs come in but hung up at 7-800 yards. I did have one hang up at 530 so I was going to go ahead and shoot it but the wind swirrled as I was getting ready. Only killed 1 but saw 12 dogs. Was a great day despite the fact I’d like to have killed way more

Back