Bergara bolt. Action rifles

Eng Bob ... your question made me laugh a lot! You are really nice and funny. Unfortunately, I am just a math teacher with a modest pension of € 1800 per month. I wish I could own some land in Romania! I would move my residence over there and go hunting every day!

Originally Posted By: Ernest49Eng Bob ... your question made me laugh a lot! You are really nice and funny. Unfortunately, I am just a math teacher with a modest pension of € 1800 per month. I wish I could own some land in Romania! I would move my residence over there and go hunting every day! I think he means government owned land open to the public for hunting, fishing, etc.

In Romania the rules are these: The owner of the land (private, cooperative, large or small companies, state property ...) can absolutely NOT go hunting on his own land, if he is not registered or invited by the hunting society that holds the right to hunt in those lands. Basically, ownership and the right to hunt are legally distinctly separate. The hunting areas are divided into funds or hunting lots. These funds or hunting lots are very extensive. The average area ranges from 25,000 to 75,000 acres. Every 10 years, the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry puts the hunting right of one or more lots at auction. Whoever wins the auction must form a hunting club. The owner of the land who wants to hunt in his countryside or forest must have a gunport and a Romanian hunting license. In addition he must be a member of the hunting company that pays the ten-year hunting right in the fund to which his hunting grounds belong.
The hunter-tourists, like me, can only go hunting if they have an invitation from the hunting company. To obtain the invitation, you must send, in photocopy, by e-mail: passport, gun license, Italian hunting license, hunting insurance, list of weapons with which you will go hunting in Romania (maximum 3 weapons) and declare ammunition, (maximum 300 for each caliber). You must write down when you plan to enter Romania and how many days you will stop to hunt. At the border (the only border between Hungary and Romania) you must show the invitation, the passport, the European card for the transport of weapons to Europe and, if you go with the dog, you must have the European passport for the dog, in order with vaccinations. (Sounds complicated, but it's much simpler than you think) The daily temporary hunting license costs around $ 50 per day. Then you have to pay the guide (60 € per day for each group of maximum 4 hunters). So if you go hunting alone, you pay $ 110 a day. If you go hunting in 4, each pays $ 65 a day .... Finally you have to pay the wild. The cost is split into 2 parts: kill only and wild ownership. For example: a pheasant costs 12 $ to kill ... if you want to take it to Italy ... you have to pay 5 $ more. A female roe deer in December, January, mid-February costs $ 50 per kill, another $ 20 if you want to take the meat home.

Last edited:
Back