What would you do #7

BrianID

This is another stand made a couple weeks ago that I made the wrong choice. I still ended up getting the coyote because it stopped 250 yards out for a quick shot but I got lucky on this one. I'm just curious what other guys would do in a similar situation. Anyone move in the middle of calling a stand so you can see your downwind side because the wind direction changed?

You set up on your stand on a small hill facing West because there is a light breeze blowing west. About 3 minutes into calling the wind direction switches to the East and stays that direction for more than a minute. It is late morning and a common time for the wind directions to shift. You approached this hill from the North and you have equally good views into to the East, West and South. All habitat looks equal and has as good of a chance of holding a coyote.

#1 Do you continue sitting in the same spot facing West knowing that after the wind switched that any coyote coming from the East would likely smell you before you see it?

#2 Do you switch the side of the hill you are sitting on 5 minutes into the stand and sneak 15 yards around the hill to watch the East side?

This is a view looking East.
M4-Q-N9-SHRFWh-THe-FKuopg-Q.jpg

Back