Freedom Munition

Crob00

Anyone ever had any experience with this company? They have some reasonable prices but these days with all the ammo fraud you never know!

I've never used them but a search for Freedom Munitions Problems turns up quite a few concerns. They are out there enough that I would step away from that one. I had personally read several negatives on them enough over the past couple of years that the name struck a bell for me.

Greg

They used to sponsor a lot of YouTube gun channels and were quite popular for a while. The name was well known in the gun circles and a lot of people used to tout that they used them exclusively for their go-to plinking ammo. Thats been a few years and I really havent heard much of them recently. I vaguely remember hearing something about them that indicated quality went way down, dont quote me on that though.

They had a lot of different options and for the price they were pretty economical. IIRC they were a division of or they partially owned XTREME Bullets at one time.

I personally have never shot their stuff. Came close to buying their REMAN 5.56 when it was down around $275 per 1000 ct case. Never did though.

I'll put it this way... a FM sponsored shooter who did write ups for Guns America came to my place a couple years ago to give a class. Due to prior travel, he had his ammo shipped to me before the class.

The ammo didn't arrive in time so I spotted him the necessary ammo for the class... when his ammo showed up a week late, it was FM. I gave most of it away vs. shoot it in any of my rifles.

The 9mm I shot, the .223, no way.

I'll report back in a few days, my order of 9mm from them just shipped. So far I have no complaints, I would have like to see them ship a bit faster but with the way things are 5-7 days before it ships isnt to bad, they also state this time frame on their home page.

Little update, my order arrived today. Haven't shot it but it looks good. Brass is clean, not beat up/dented. I placed this order on the 1/12, it shipped 1/19, I received it today, not to bad considering the state of things.

I have bought 10 MM from them and it shot as good as the Armscor hollow points. As what Bowhuntr6pt said I would stay away from their 223 ammo.
Tarey

I've shot a lot of their 40 and 9 with no problems at all. About 2 yrs ago, a neighbor of mine got a thousand .223 and has had no problems in his AR. No idea what QC has done in the last year and a half.

Back