Burris Thermal

454shooter

Just discovered Burris thermal scopes. They use 18650 batteries, look easier to use and are 100 more than the Hogster. Can't find anything on warranty and doubt they would be covered under the Forever Warranty.
Anyone have or know anything about them?

I have no information on the Burris thermals besides what anyone can find by doing a search on Burris Thermal scopes. I do find the comment they look easier to use than a Hogster kind of interesting. What about seeing a picture of a thermal or the introductory video implies it is easier to use? The Hogsters are proven thermals backed by a 4-year warranty. The biggest issue with most less expensive thermals tends to be how they hold up under humidity. I hope Burris has something to offer, but time will tell. It will be also be interesting to see if they will be servicing units themselves, replacing them, or sending them overseas to be worked on.

Originally Posted By: 454shooterJust discovered Burris thermal scopes. They use 18650 batteries, look easier to use and are 100 more than the Hogster. Can't find anything on warranty and doubt they would be covered under the Forever Warranty.
Anyone have or know anything about them?

I had a buddy contact me about these a few days ago. I noticed the odd resolution specs and a quick web search turned up this Chinese core ......my guess is it's probably the one used in the Burris line.

https://hzcqtech.en.made-in-china.com/pr...amera-Core.html

Last edited:
I can't go casting stones because of a Chinese sensor. The Hogsters have an iRay sensor (iRay is a Chinese company) in them. It all comes down to if the Burris thermals will have a quality image, are dependable, have a good warranty, and if Burris will service them or not.

Originally Posted By: 324mattThe burris scopes are re-branded chinese scopes

等到中国乔离任时,我们所有人都会说中文。

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KirschI have no information on the Burris thermals besides what anyone can find by doing a search on Burris Thermal scopes. I do find the comment they look easier to use than a Hogster kind of interesting. What about seeing a picture of a thermal or the introductory video implies it is easier to use? The Hogsters are proven thermals backed by a 4-year warranty. The biggest issue with most less expensive thermals tends to be how they hold up under humidity. I hope Burris has something to offer, but time will tell. It will be also be interesting to see if they will be servicing units themselves, replacing them, or sending them overseas to be worked on. They looked easier to use just because there is a single knob on the side to adjust everything but I have zero experience other than the hours and hours of video that I have watched and now is costing me thousands

Also shows vox sensor, i know super hogster uses vox just not sure of different models of vox sensor. Getting to be more videos on youtube of them in action so i guess time will tell

Originally Posted By: zheltonAlso shows vox sensor, i know super hogster uses vox just not sure of different models of vox sensor. Getting to be more videos on youtube of them in action so i guess time will tell The majority of thermal sensors are VOX sensors. VOX is short for Vanadium Oxide Micro-bolometer. I am fairly confident in saying they are not using the same sensor as the Hogster as the Burris thermals have a very unusual resolution.

Since there is so little information available, I asked a person in the thermal industry as I was curious what Burris was bringing to market as well. This is what I was told, and again this is based on simply looking at the Burris marketing as there has been little else presented.

From the specs and images it looks like Burris may be using thermals from Wuhan Guide Infrared. Wuhan Guide produces 17um VOx sensors themselves. The signal-to-noise ratio and the sensitivity was inferior to other sensors on the market when tested back in 2017. In addition, the image was noisy and not balanced. The sight was heavy and pretty bulky for an AR-15. If Burris adopted this model "as it was", without serious improvements, then it is hard to believe this product can be competitive with modern models in the same price niche.

Again, this is all speculation at this time. On some other forums, people have been asking Burris questions and it sounds like they are getting marketing speak. Hopefully, it isn't a rebranded 2017 model scope that wasn't very good even back then. Time will tell.

Back