One for the landowner/farmer :)

fratri

Got to the farm at first light, and did a 15 minute calling sequence across the street (he owns land on both sides of the road) with no luck I packed up and drove the 500 yds or so to the farm house and made my way to the back field.
Not much wind there this morning so started off with my hand calls screaming dying rabbit sounds. After playing rabbit dying sounds on and off for 20 minutes, I debated about leaving and heading to another farm but decided just to sit for another 10 -15 minutes then go home...
I ended up leaving my decoy and ecaller playing but on a very low, could hardly hear it (dying rabbit sound).... I sat and watched the morning sun brighten up the day and hoped a curious coyote would come in to see....... what all that earlier noise was all about.
After about 10 minutes of just sitting there, enjoying the tranquility of it all, allowing my mind to drift away, an object (coyote) out in the field about 250 yds away snaps me back into predator mode...
I see the coyote just sitting there looking at the decoy.
I watched him a good two minutes before he started making his way toward me along the edge of the bush. He took his time being very cautious, taking a few steps, stopping and looking. I held out as long as I could and when he decided to turn back at about the 120 yd mark, I wolfed him to stop and sent the bullet on its way....
At impact he did a couple of spins and ran into the bush were he piled up about 30 yds away.....
Not a big coyote but one that should make the landowner happy as he called me about a week ago asking if I could do something about all those coyotes howling at night around his place
smile.gif

The setup
50841358316_1b7e3a4fe3_c.jpg

How it played out
50841446372_687a27e8fb_c.jpg

The hit
50841358351_fab07a2c54_c.jpg

The pose
50841358331_560ae8fae2_c.jpg

Back