First Coyote

pmack

I've known this young man for 20 years as he attended school and participated in youth sports with my son. He's been trapping and skinning my critters for years but just jumped into night calling with a new ATN Thermal. He missed a coyote last week when we went. Last night we called in three coyotes on our second set. I failed to hit the record button and take my safety off as we tried to coordinate the shot. Jesse dumped his and I rolled mine on the third desperation shot as my coyote was heading into the next zip code. Third coyote avoided my 300 yard attempt. Last set we called in 4 fox, he dumped one 30 yards from the caller, two offered no shot with house in background and forth got down wind. The smile on his face says it all.

50837554918_1cfc93d33b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great night out pmack.
Like Mick said, it's nice to have a young strong buddy who will do the dragging. Your job is to guard the rifles and point to the dead coyote.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrGreat night out pmack.
Like Mick said, it's nice to have a young strong buddy who will do the dragging. Your job is to guard the rifles and point to the dead coyote.

PaMick/1trkyhntr...Mine was the runner and a big coyote at 45lbs, When we walked over he offered to drag it. I said OK but hurry up, I'll get the other one, we need to get back to the tripods and kill the one that's barking at us right now.

Last edited:
Back