Some may find this interesting.

crapshoot

Sent a few tubes to be prepared as hosts. A ruger american 22 mag cut to 16", a 22-250 encore barrel cut to 18" and pictured is a 300 win mag finished at 20" sporting an SAS Vengeance 338 can. Just for fun you know.

I have the same can and have played with shooting it on my Bmag 17 WSM before. That big ole can dwarfs my little Bmag when it's screwed on the end of it but it was fun playing with it on there.

I have a ruger m77 tang safety that was my dads hunting rifle. The tube was toast so i put a 26" Christensen arms cf tube on it and topped it with a burris xtr ii 5-25. It's threaded to be a host as well.

Velocity on the .300WM after you cut it down? Load info?

I'm probably going to get a new deer gun before next year(6.8SPC currently). I've been leaning towards the.270 Win just to stay out of the Magnums.

And then I saw you're last response on velocity! I'll try to pay more attention in the future. No promises it'll work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SubpaRVelocity on the .300WM after you cut it down? Load info?

I'm probably going to get a new deer gun before next year(6.8SPC currently). I've been leaning towards the.270 Win just to stay out of the Magnums.

And then I saw you're last response on velocity! I'll try to pay more attention in the future. No promises it'll work.

Just built a custom 300WM, 20" Bartlein 5r, 212ELD-X, 76.3gr. of H1000, SAS Reaper MX runs 2707fps at the muzzle per V3 magnetospeed. Rifle is SUPER handy and is a hammer for a very long ways!

Back