Current best digital night vision

varminter .223

Is the wraith still the one to have. I don't follow the digital nv market much. Definitely would go 2x. A friend of mine has the 4x and he doesn't think much of it and liked his photon rt better. I had a photon xt and a nemesis qs previous years but have no back up or third guy gun at the moment. I need to get something going.

Last edited:
I have a Wraith 4x and a Photon 6x I like the Wraith better and even up here on the plains I suspect the 2x might be a better choice than the 4x . The Photon is going on a 10-22 with the plan of using it to shoot rats out of feedyard feedbunks for entertainment .

Originally Posted By: FarmDadI have a Wraith 4x and a Photon 6x I like the Wraith better and even up here on the plains I suspect the 2x might be a better choice than the 4x . The Photon is going on a 10-22 with the plan of using it to shoot rats out of feedyard feedbunks for entertainment .

I thought NV and Thermal was illegal in Colorado?

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: FarmDadI have a Wraith 4x and a Photon 6x I like the Wraith better and even up here on the plains I suspect the 2x might be a better choice than the 4x . The Photon is going on a 10-22 with the plan of using it to shoot rats out of feedyard feedbunks for entertainment .

I thought NV and Thermal was illegal in Colorado?

Local Possum Cop is a friend and he assures me that nv is legal with a ( as i understand it ) no cost permit issued by officer in the area to be hunted . Thermal is NOT legal on a gun I am not sure about as a scanner .
The above covers hunting as I understand it .

However what I do and yes partially because I am an owner/operator falls under somewhat different rules .
It is all Agricultural pest/predator mitigation by the landowner or their agent and all on private property . Much like sanctioned herd culling the " normal " rules are not applicable to a degree.

I was told by him not to worry about any of it for what I do but not to be on state ground with thermal or without his permit for nv ..

thats pretty much it , the same allows pd shooters on private land to ignore the (iirc) official 3 prairie dog bag limit .

Last edited:
Back