A double +2

tripod3

A rancher called with problems so I went to this spot yesterday first time.
Found a very convenient place to park and started calling at first light with handcalls.
In a few minutes I see a couple coming, then three.
They pulled right up and stopped at 79 yds where I was ready and shot the first one.
Two took off as I reloaded and got back on them they stopped about 135yds where I shot the second, no clue where the third one went.
Not long after the ranchers wife came by, I told here two down.
She walked out there with a dog and came back very happy.
I repeated exactly the same this morning and one came in after about twelve minutes and I shot it about 98 yds out, too easy.
Less than five minutes later one showed up about 30 yds from the other one and I accidentally shot it.
Now they think I know something special about coyotes, wish I could claim a degree or something more than a little wind along with a super easy shoot.

[img:center][/img]

[img:center] upload images[/img]

Doesn't hurt to scoupe up some gravy once in a while. Congrats on "finding" a new good spot through your good deeds.

Picked up another easy one this morning, same place parked under trestle.
It was dead calm and 26 deg, I wasn't attentive enough and moved in my seat, when the back squeaked, at that moment I saw a coyote about 150 turning to leave, quick bang dead.
Yesterday the wind reached about 70 mph with rain 54 deg and let up to 35-40 so noise didn't carry.
Figured I was wearing out that passage way with 5 in three days so went for a cruise by their calving pasture to check it out.
A large coyote comes shooting out of there right to left at over 400 yds.
A tough shot sure to miss but couldn't resist making him uncomfortable as he left, actually hit a metal post right behind his tail.
Still laugh about it, he'll probably hear my truck leave the house tomorrow.

Back