E-call Frequencies

I'm sure most have read how animals hear at much higher frequencies than most calls put out.

That being said, the newer Higher priced calls include tweeters. Whether they are ribbon tweeters or not I'm not sure.
Does anybody feel they call in more predators than the older say FP CS24 , Banshee or the lower tier FP. You can put the Icotec or Primos calls in the same category.

I have a Banshee and an Icotec Outlaw which both are good calls and I like the sounds on both. And are plenty loud enough. I have called in Coyotes with both. They are both pretty much the same Horn Speaker [beeep].

I was debating on maybe selling one and upgrading. I'm not sure if it's worth it though. I was wondering of others thoughts.
Thanks
Edit to add I should've phrased this better. Most rabbits and other animals distress sounds are at a higher frequency than a call will put out

Last edited:
IMHO, I don't think getting that much higher in frequency than you already hear/have is going to make much of a difference. I call in and kill a lot of coyotes with a CS-24B and I have no thoughts of changing over to anything else anytime soon.

I have found that bobcats and foxes seem to be more pitch sensitive than coyotes. So I usually look at the quality of the sound versus volume for foxes and bobcats. But I don't think that coyotes are all that sensitive. In my experience, coyotes seem to be pattern oriented, that is, they will be more responsive to certain calls during certain times of the year.

I have found more success with high pitched calls during higher winds...

I have only used Fox pro calls for my last five trips to USA , they seem to work for me .
I did use Primos and Very old call loaned to me by good friend but had no luck with that .
The Primos did call about four into range but I found it to difficult to use.
I have Icotec now but not been over due to that C19 business, hope to travel lather this year if all is safe.
I have recorded one of our pet dogs squealing ( she does this when we are going out for a walk) and hope to try this out on my next trip.....if I am not too old by then!
Best shooting I have had over in Montana. We only have Red foxes over here in England.

Back