Best ecaller for night hunting

Ricky Bobby

I’ve had a Foxpro CS24B for a good long while now ... whenever they came out. It’s been a solid unit. I never have added sounds over the years. It has the tx500 remote with rotary knob that I had FoxPro update. I’m getting the itch for some new sounds and rather than buying them to add to my CS24B I’m starting to lean towards investing in a new caller that may have a remote easier to handle now that I’ve taken up night hunting. What callers are good choices for night hunting? Remote that’s easy to use at night is #1 concern and also a caller with good newer sounds.

Also, anyone know what I could get outta my CS24B to help fund my new caller?

I recommend any Foxpro with the TX1000 remote. I run a X2s and the Xwave. The XWave is louder but much heavier and harder to carry. I really like that the X2s has a built in handle.

I saw the Foxpro website. The X2S and XWAVE models are very interesting. I didn't find 2 things (... but maybe I looked wrong): 1) In the sound list, I didn't see the call for jackals. 2) In the specifications I have not seen the power in Watt.

Last edited:
I believe you can order a FoxPro with a custom list of sounds. In their African sound list they appear to have 4 Jackal sounds. I am not sure if they apply to your situation. You can load various sound files types on FoxPro electronic calls as well if you have another source for Jackal sounds.

As for the wattage of the individual on the X2s or the dual speakers on the XWave, I don't have any additional information on this. You could send an email to sales@gofoxpro.com.

I don't have any details of what might be happening with other companies with no Shot Show this year. TNVC/Night Goggles will be doing something they are calling virtual Shooting, Hunting, Outdoors, & Tactical Tele-Event: vSHOTT 2021. You can read more about it here. I supplied some information for a Night Coyote Hunting Tips segment.

I am not anyone with big contacts or knows a lot about what is happening in the Industry. I am just a person who helps out Night Goggles with a few items, so they call me a Prostaff member.

Originally Posted By: Ernest49I saw the Foxpro website. The X2S and XWAVE models are very interesting. I didn't find 2 things (... but maybe I looked wrong): 1) In the sound list, I didn't see the call for jackals. 2) In the specifications I have not seen the power in Watt.

Jackals will come to a variety of prey sounds including cottontail and jackrabbit. At least in S.Africa they will.

TvP7V7l.jpg

I was planning on the X24. When I called FoxPro to place the order, the salesperson convinced me the X2S was a better choice. I can’t really remember his reasoning as it was quite a while ago.

I’m really looking at the X24, the X wave, and the Lucky Duck Revolt.

I do pretty decent with a Banshee. I just hate the remote. So not sure I need the X wave. And I’m not sure if the rotating feature on the Revolt would truly bring in more dogs or if it’s a gimmick. Same with the speaker on the X24. Is a guy going to call more dogs with a true 24 bit speaker compared to a rotating speaker compared to more volume with the X Wave?

According to the visible specs the only difference I see between the X2S and X24 is one of them has camo on the remote and call. The Fusion and Shockwave and a few others already play 24 bit sounds but they may not have the high tweeter like the newer models.

There’s a short video from Foxpro showing the difference between the X2s and the X24. The guy says that the X24 and one other call (Starts with a K) are the only ones to play true 24 bit sound. The X2s you can play two sounds at once, it has Bluetooth, and it’s camo.

Originally Posted By: dirtytoughI’m really looking at the X24, the X wave, and the Lucky Duck Revolt.

I do pretty decent with a Banshee. I just hate the remote. So not sure I need the X wave. And I’m not sure if the rotating feature on the Revolt would truly bring in more dogs or if it’s a gimmick. Same with the speaker on the X24. Is a guy going to call more dogs with a true 24 bit speaker compared to a rotating speaker compared to more volume with the X Wave?

I will tell you that the Revolt remote is not what I would call night time user friendly in that the buttons are not backlit. I have been using mine for a couple of seasons now and I have developed a feel for the remote and buttons so it is not a problem for me now. The Lucky Duck Roughneck has a better remote and if I were to get another caller, I would probably get it because of the upgraded remote...the sounds on the Lucky Ducks are really good too.

Of the new gen callers, I have a fusion and a rough neck. My partner has a x24. I like the roughneck remote better but the tx1000 is great too. I wouldn't buy a FP without that remote , the fusion is like my 4th foxpro. Ie found all these bells a whistles features,and options arent for me. Volume,size, clarity, user friendly remote. Fusion wins in features size and cost. Best value.
X24 ties for clarity, maybe a tad louder tha LD, it's arguable. Remote set up I like the roughneck. I've had less connection issues with the foxpro at a 100yds is. Programmability, lucky duck easy.
This is a big one - sound compatibility. Lucky duck sounds are on par with the ([beeep]) sounds. They are not cross compatible. LD Better than original fp sounds in my opinion. Coyotes are more likely to have heard FP sounds by late season. Imo you should get both, maybe not the high-end ones but be good to have both sound libraries.

Last edited:
I am pretty happy with my foxpro inferno. It has plenty of volume for the types of areas that I call. With all the other stuff that I have to carry, the fact that it fits in my coat pocket is a huge plus.

I think I’m just down the road from you I thought no and have a Lucky Duck Roughneck and a scanner and super hogster if you want to see how it works. I don’t have the best luck yet at night but this is my first year!

Currently running a CS24C thats been awesome but a new X24 will be here soon. In fact,, if they still offered CS24s id buy another. Nothing wrong with what i have, i simply want another call for howling and backup. I'm a foxpro guy for various reasons and have owned many models including 532B, FX3, FX5 (still use some) and the CS24C. I personally think all the foxbang, foxfire type features are useless and is just one more thing to go wrong. I don't even run the presets on the TX1000 because they are to easily hit with gloved hands.

I guess I'm a little old-school but give me a bombproof caller that always works, loud and sounds great,, a remote that is easy to read, dimmable, works every time to 100 yards and im happy.

Back