Looking for a Gunsmith Rec for A2 front sight removal

Looking for a Gunsmith recommendation to remove the front A2 type front site from my Colt AR1-15 A4. Bought new in 2016, and I'm using optics and the blur has finally become too annoying.
I've searched the "do it yourself" youtubes and I think I'd rather have a pro do it for me.
I'm in the Dallas Fort Worth area so anyone in the area hour or two drive that anyone could highly recommend would be greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance

It takes a hammer and a punch coupled with some misc thin pieces of wood.

You can do it!

I know it.

A great sense of pride will come over you when the easy task is completed

He will also have to install a new gas block,so if he is uncomfortable removing the sight he should probably have somebody do the work for him.

I always cut them down to lo-pro. I may have done it a few times (LoL).

It's fairly easy with a few good hand tools and "some" patience.

TC

Thank yall so much for the feedback. Yeah I don't feel comfortable enough to do that myself. I'm gonna give a couple gunsmiths a call in the dallas plano area tomorrow

I also cut mine down with a metal saw. Then angle grind the ears off. I have done this 3 times.

I highly recommend paying somebody to do that for you.

A pinned gas bock is superior.

I normally take stove paint and paint over the new exposed metal.

This type of option is not for those looking to post on Pinterest.

Originally Posted By: arlaunchI also cut mine down with a metal saw. Then angle grind the ears off. I have done this 3 times.

I highly recommend paying somebody to do that for you.

A pinned gas bock is superior.

I normally take stove paint and paint over the new exposed metal.

This type of option is not for those looking to post on Pinterest.

i have done that to dozens of ar's. you can make them look very good.

Well I bit the bullet and dropped it off at Gunzone in Mesquite to do the complete removal and handle the gas bock etc. So we'll see how it goes. Of the 3 gunsmiths I talked to this morning they seemed more convincing they knew what they are doing. Hope so
Feels weird leaving her though, like leaving your kid at first day of kindergarten

i remember removing my first one... you REALLY gotta whack em to get those phosphated pins to move. defiantly not something you can just swing your purse at and expect to come loose.

as noted - they're taper pins, so you gotta be going the right way too.

$ wise, the guy I checked it in with said the actual gunsmith, when he gets to mine, will call me and discuss what we're looking at $ wise. Said should hear from them in the next couple days

Back