Need a good brand/model game camera

I have had it with Moultrie w400 and the w800. I have one 400 and 2 800s I've bought in the last 3 months and none of them will work. Point of aim is good, correct distance, angle etc. All three started out working and now one by one have quit taking pics. Verified in all three locations by a cheap Tasco camera placed close catching all the pics the Moultrie won't.
Anyway, looking for some good experience and recommendations on a brand/model that works and works. Not looking for the cellular models, just regular cams in the $60-$100 price range.
Thanks in advance!

$60-$100 range is a big part of your trouble...I've been there, done that. I now use EXODUS cameras. Great product with a great warranty. I think it's 5 years. IDK cuz I have not had to use it. Buy once, cry once.

I've been using Moultrie, Cuddeback, Covert, Primos, Browning & Stealthcam for about 8 years. The early Moultries were excellent (M80, M880), but their CS is horrible and I haven't bought a Moultrie in years. I have an entry level Covert, which was my very first cam around 2012 and it's still in service. Easy to use/setup, day pics are acceptable, night pics not so much. I have 4 Primos Proof 01 cams which I bought for $30-50 when they first came out. They are great, not just for the money. Take good day & night pics with a good trigger speed along with being reliable. They are on Amazon for around $75. I have 2 white light stealthcams which are nice because they take color night pics. Good trigger, distance and day pics, but they have a ton of models and they are tough to navigate IMHO. Glad I have the 2 I bought, but not sure which I'd pick if I were to get more? My most recent have been Browning (Strike Force). They are at the $100 part of your range. Quick trigger, easy to use, great range and day & night pics. I can't comment on the reliability, they are in their first year, but so far I really like them. Good Luck!

Toyman,
I hope the Browning cameras work for you. I ditched them (2). They were good for about a year. I'm using a Bushnell now. Only 1 month old but nice so far.

I use a $30 Muddy camera. I hunt public land and if it get stolen I'm no out a lot. Yes its cheap but it works. Takes pics of what ever comes through. Once I know they are there, what else do I need to know? The rest is up to me.

I have a slew of Bushnell cameras. They are my go to. All of my current stock is several years old. Couldn't be happier with a product.

Primos is the worst. Bought three. 2 out of 3 were dead in four months. The third made it a year.

Currently trying out Tactacam Cellular units. Too early to have a strong feeling on them but setup was easy.

Back