Ritchs Precision Guns

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#3261741 - 12/17/20 07:14 PM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Scamp]
liliysdad Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Oklahoma
I have never understood what there is to "get used to" on a 2 stage trigger. Its no different than working a pistol trigger off the rest....you pull till you hit the wall, then its like any other trigger.

#3261815 - 12/18/20 11:13 AM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: liliysdad]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
Originally Posted By: liliysdad
I have never understood what there is to "get used to" on a 2 stage trigger. Its no different than working a pistol trigger off the rest....you pull till you hit the wall, then its like any other trigger.

what if you're not "USED TO" working a pistol trigger off the rest?

that probably took a little "getting used to" too didnt it?

#3261820 - 12/18/20 11:34 AM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Plant.One]
B23 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Pacific NW
Originally Posted By: Plant.One

It's probably about the equivalent of people like my dad who's in his 80's and is used to shooting bolt guns or single action revolvers all his life then letting him shoot my Glock G17. After the very first round he touched off he looked at me and said what the h311 is wrong with the trigger in this thing. I said I told you it's going to be a lot different feel than what you're used to, his reply, yeah well I don't like it and handed it back to me. lol

#3261849 - 12/18/20 01:44 PM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Plant.One]
liliysdad Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Oklahoma

Not at all...triggers aren't a terribly complex mechanism. You pull them til they go bang..and they all pull a little different.

#3261869 - 12/18/20 03:58 PM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: liliysdad]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI

Not at all...triggers aren't a terribly complex mechanism. You pull them til they go bang..and they all pull a little different.

exceptyou may agree that if one is used to a basic single stage rifle trigger, or striker fired handgun... learning to roll over a revolver trigger to that fine engagement point - much like engaging the 2nd stage in a 2 stage trigger - might admittedly... to the rest of us mere mortals anyway... feel a little strange.

remember - for most of the world, "NORMAL" is just a setting on their dishwasher or washing machine.

#3262677 - 12/23/20 07:35 PM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Scamp]
Kino M Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Southern Indiana
RRA on budget and SSA-E Geissele for top spot.

Edited by Kino M (12/23/20 07:37 PM)

#3262926 - 12/25/20 09:06 AM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Scamp]
C. Harper Offline

Loc: N Texas
I have three lowers with 3# Timney’s. They work great for me. I have another with a Calvin Elite by Timney. This one works fine with my 20 Tac. but is too light for my other uppers. I’m sure it is my fault but I double tap them occasionally. I love the light trigger pull but for safety purposes I had to stop using it on anything other than uppers with very little recoil.

#3263095 - 12/26/20 04:54 PM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: vahunter]
Bowhunt Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Illinois
Originally Posted By: vahunter
I put a 3 pound Velocity trigger in mine. It's a very good trigger, zero creep excellent for hunting.

^ Looooooove my 3 lb Velocities!

#3263098 - 12/26/20 05:19 PM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Scamp]
NDAR15MAN Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: WI / ND / IL / IA
Hyperfire is a very very good trigger I have 2 of them. MD

#3264147 - 01/01/21 10:55 PM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Scamp]
coyote6974 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Indiana
I've been using Timney 3# triggers in my hunting AR's for the past fifteen years. Never a bit of trouble with any of them. Great single stage triggers.

#3264191 - 01/02/21 12:12 PM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: coyote6974]
Wyodogger Online
Predator Master

Loc: WY
I like my Timney and CMC 3# single-stagers.

"Myself, I prefer a single stage, as I want a steady pull through. A 2 stage messes with my mind, as I'm feeling for that second stage and it takes me longer to get the shot off on fast moving targets." Agree completely. Perhaps it's because all my rifles are SS, and I don't want something different to mess with my mind when I'm drawing down on Wile E. Nothing at all wrong with two-stage if they work for you, but I like consistency.

#3264982 - 01/07/21 11:31 AM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Scamp]
mensajd Offline

Loc: California
Timney Calvin Elite. Fully adjustable trigger shoe type (several included), position, and orientation. Single stage 1.5 lb pull weight. Awesome!

#3265417 - 01/09/21 09:52 PM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Scamp]
BrianID Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: El Paso, TX/Idaho
Fortunately there are many great trigger options. Personally I've been very satisfied with the Geissele 2 stage triggers.

#3265720 - 01/12/21 12:43 AM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Scamp]
Zastava223rem Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Really starting to fade away from Geissele since Bill has gotten so money hungry but I must say, their G2S and SSA-E are great if you can find em for a decent price. I dont think the G2S is worth the $160-$200 people seem to be charging for it. Thats what the SSA-E should be normally. I paid $125 for my G2S but have seen it as low as $100 on Black friday. The SSA-E I paid $160 or $180, cant remember. Its really good too but the G2S is going to be a huge improvement over stock.
-Mini Mauser Douglas 26" .223 Rem Leupold VX3i 6.5-20x50
-Sako A7 Coyote .223 Rem Leupold/VX3i 3.5-10x50 CDS

#3266017 - 01/13/21 08:19 PM Re: What AR trigger do you like for hunting? [Re: Scamp]
kfreeze Offline

Loc: Cambridge, MN
I've had really good luck with CMC, Rise ra-140, and timney triggers.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  SnowmanMo 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.