Night Goggles Inc

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3265954 - 01/13/21 01:07 PM Current best digital night vision
varminter .223 Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: south central Illinois
Is the wraith still the one to have. I don't follow the digital nv market much. Definitely would go 2x. A friend of mine has the 4x and he doesn't think much of it and liked his photon rt better. I had a photon xt and a nemesis qs previous years but have no back up or third guy gun at the moment. I need to get something going.

Edited by varminter .223 (01/13/21 01:09 PM)

#3265973 - 01/13/21 03:14 PM Re: Current best digital night vision [Re: varminter .223]
FarmDad Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Colorado
I have a Wraith 4x and a Photon 6x I like the Wraith better and even up here on the plains I suspect the 2x might be a better choice than the 4x . The Photon is going on a 10-22 with the plan of using it to shoot rats out of feedyard feedbunks for entertainment .

#3266109 - 01/14/21 11:52 AM Re: Current best digital night vision [Re: FarmDad]
Mr. Poppadopalis Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Metro Denver
Originally Posted By: FarmDad
I have a Wraith 4x and a Photon 6x I like the Wraith better and even up here on the plains I suspect the 2x might be a better choice than the 4x . The Photon is going on a 10-22 with the plan of using it to shoot rats out of feedyard feedbunks for entertainment .

I thought NV and Thermal was illegal in Colorado?

#3266166 - 01/14/21 05:22 PM Re: Current best digital night vision [Re: Mr. Poppadopalis]
FarmDad Offline
Predator Master

Originally Posted By: Mr. Poppadopalis
Originally Posted By: FarmDad

I thought NV and Thermal was illegal in Colorado?

Local Possum Cop is a friend and he assures me that nv is legal with a ( as i understand it ) no cost permit issued by officer in the area to be hunted . Thermal is NOT legal on a gun I am not sure about as a scanner .
The above covers hunting as I understand it .

However what I do and yes partially because I am an owner/operator falls under somewhat different rules .
It is all Agricultural pest/predator mitigation by the landowner or their agent and all on private property . Much like sanctioned herd culling the " normal " rules are not applicable to a degree.

I was told by him not to worry about any of it for what I do but not to be on state ground with thermal or without his permit for nv ..

#3266173 - 01/14/21 05:30 PM Re: Current best digital night vision [Re: varminter .223]
Mr. Poppadopalis Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Metro Denver
You mean owner/agent and considered under damage control on Private Property?

#3266188 - 01/14/21 07:02 PM Re: Current best digital night vision [Re: varminter .223]
FarmDad Offline
Predator Master

thats pretty much it , the same allows pd shooters on private land to ignore the (iirc) official 3 prairie dog bag limit .

Edited by FarmDad (01/14/21 07:04 PM)

Moderator:  SkyPup 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.