Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3256011 - 10/29/20 03:17 PM How to replace Battery in a Johnny Stewart MS-512 Animal Caller?
Godsdog Offline

[b][/b]The Lead Acid Battery in my "Old" Johnny Stewart Game caller is dead! Can someone tell me how to get into that Caller the easy and correct way without tearing it all to [beeep]? Also if you know some places to order the battery I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks for any info! Jim

#3256026 - 10/29/20 07:04 PM Re: How to replace Battery in a Johnny Stewart MS-512 Animal Caller? [Re: Godsdog]
SlickerThanSnot Offline
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence
2 screws. one on each side of the case. take em out and pull case halves apart. be somewhat careful of the wiring inside as you pull the halves apart. battery is under the tape deck.

#3256043 - 10/29/20 10:15 PM Re: How to replace Battery in a Johnny Stewart MS-512 Animal Caller? [Re: Godsdog]
AWS Offline

Loc: NM
I remember replacing the batteries on mine and they were outrageously expensive and I just extended the wire and taped a compact fence battery under it. A little bulkier but weighed about the same. This was before I knew about the internet, so it was pretty much JS replacement batteries compared to the selection of batteries that you can find on line now.

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3257429 - 11/14/20 02:55 PM Re: How to replace Battery in a Johnny Stewart MS-512 Animal Caller? [Re: Godsdog]
coyote control Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Mt. Vernon, Washington
Originally Posted By: Godsdog
[b][/b]The Lead Acid Battery in my "Old" Johnny Stewart Game caller is dead! Can someone tell me how to get into that Caller the easy and correct way without tearing it all to [beeep]? Also if you know some places to order the battery I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks for any info! Jim

I've had the JS caller for over 20 yrs and have only had to replace one of the battery's. What I do now with the batteries is "desulphife" them each year (when I can remember to do it) and they seem to go for a very long time - many years!

The battery is SLA type, so not hard to find (two connected together).

#3265943 - 01/13/21 12:10 PM Re: How to replace Battery in a Johnny Stewart MS-512 Animal Caller? [Re: coyote control]
Thor999 Offline

Loc: Nebraska
I just recently replaced the two batteries on my MS-512, pretty easy to do. As mentioned earlier, two screws to open. Purchased two 6v batteries on the internet for something like $20. Taped them together like the old ones were, reinstalled and the unit works as good as new.

Moderator:  reb8600 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.