Biden promises

sqrlgtr

".@GabbyGiffords — Your perseverance and immeasurable courage continue to inspire me and millions of others. I pledge to continue to work with you — and with survivors, families, and advocates across the country — to defeat the NRA and end our epidemic of gun violence."

So here you go hunters and gun enthusiasts that has been taking up for Biden and Harris.Straight from Biden Twitter account.....

First they came for our free and fair elections and we resisted by voting. Next they came for our President and again we voted. Then they came for the First Amendment and we spoke out. Next they are coming for the Second Amendment; but the NRA has been weakened. When they come for you and me how will we defend our rights?

Quote:Biden Says He Will ‘Defeat the NRA’ While in Office

By Zachary Stieber
January 10, 2021 Updated: January 10, 2021

President-elect Joe Biden on Jan. 8 promised to “defeat” the National Rifle Association while he’s in office.

Biden’s official Twitter account was responding to former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), who was among 14 people wounded in a shooting rampage by Jared Lee Loughner in Tucson in 2011; six people died in the attack. Giffords had recounted how her life and community “changed forever.”

“But the attack did not break me—or the people I represented in Congress. We came together, turned pain into purpose, and found hope in each other,” she wrote, adding that she continues to work to “achieve a safer America.”

Biden responded, saying: “Your perseverance and immeasurable courage continue to inspire me and millions of others. I pledge to continue to work with you—and with survivors, families, and advocates across the country—to defeat the NRA and end our epidemic of gun violence.”

The NRA, which has more than 5 million members, seeks to protect and educate people about their Second Amendment rights.
Epoch Times Photo
The National Riffle Association of America (NRA) headquarters in Fairfax, Va., on Aug. 6, 2020. (Olivier Douliery/AFP via Getty Images)

While the association didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment on Biden’s post, its lobbying arm recently published an article that says Biden would “begin a concerted attack on the rights of American gun owners” after being inaugurated.

“We must be ready for the onslaught,” the post reads, adding that a Biden administration, if officials get their way, “will ban and confiscate the most-commonly-owned rifle in the United States” and “will arbitrarily limit the number of guns that can be bought per month,” among other measures.

Biden’s website says he has a plan to end “our gun violence epidemic” and boasts that he has taken on the NRA twice and won, referring to his help passing the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act in 1993 and in passing a 10-year ban on some weapons and magazines the following year.

“As president, Joe Biden will defeat the NRA again,” the site states.

Some of the proposals include banning the manufacture and sale of so-called assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, restricting the number of guns one person may buy per month to one, and prohibiting people convicted of hate crimes from owning guns.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-says...n=mb-2021-01-11

Quote:Los Angeles Ordered to Pay Nearly $150,000 to NRA

By Zachary Stieber
October 3, 2020 Updated: October 4, 2020

A federal judge has ordered the city of Los Angeles to pay nearly $150,000 to the National Rifle Association (NRA).

U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson, a Reagan appointee, issued the 36-page order on Sept. 29 following a legal challenge by the NRA against Los Angeles for an ordinance that required companies and individuals to disclose whether they had contracts with or sponsored the gun-rights group.

The ordinance, which took effect on April 1, 2019, after unanimous approval by the City Council, enabled the city to revoke contracts if contractors didn’t disclose all links to the NRA.

NRA lawyers filed a lawsuit later that month, alleging the ordinance violated the U.S. Constitution’s First and Fourteenth Amendments.

In a statement at the time, Democrat Mayor Eric Garcetti said he supported the policy.

“I’m confident in it, and we’re not going to be bullied by the NRA,” he said.

Wilson granted a preliminary injunction against the ordinance late last year.

“Even though the ordinance only forces disclosure of activity that may not be expressive, the clear purpose of the disclosure is to undermine the NRA’s explicitly political speech,” he wrote, citing public statements made by Councilman Mitch O’Farrell, a Democrat who had said he supported boycotts of businesses that dealt with the NRA.

The judge ruled the NRA was likely going to prove the law violated the Constitution.
A picture of Wayne LaPierre
A picture of Wayne LaPierre at the National Rifle Association (NRA) booth during CPAC 2019 in National Harbor, Md., on Feb. 28, 2019. (Alex Wong/Getty Images)

The city council voted in January to repeal the ordinance.

“The same city officials who vowed to defend this ordinance are on the run,” Jason Ouimet, executive director of NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action, said in a statement after the vote. “In addition to the NRA members they wronged, city officials must now answer to voters and taxpayers for their failed experiment, and explain why they recklessly subjected the city to legal and financial exposure.”

Wilson’s new order noted that plaintiffs sought to recover over $472,000 in attorneys’ fees. He granted the motion in part, ordering the city of Los Angeles to pay $143,160.74. He said some of the billing hours appeared unreasonable, and reduced the amount.

The city was also told to pay over $1,000 more in costs. In a response filing, city attorneys asked for the total of $1,073.55 to be reduced to $244.65.

Garcetti’s office and the office of Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer didn’t immediately respond to requests by The Epoch Times for comment.

NRA spokeswoman Amy Hunter told The Epoch Times via email, “Violations of any constitutional rights by government officials should carry consequences. The courts have rightfully imposed those consequences upon Los Angeles.”

“The NRA will continue our fight and, as always, work to hold politicians accountable,” she said.
Follow Zachary on Twitter: @zackstieber

https://www.theepochtimes.com/los-angeles-ordered-to-pay-nearly-150000-to-the-nra_3524676.html

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishhttps://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2021/01/11/manchin-not-going-take-guns-but/

^^^^^^^^^^vvvvvvvvvv
Originally Posted By: ManchinSpeaking on the network’s “State of the Union” Sunday show, Manchin was asked by Tapper if he would back a ban on modern sporting rifles, but the senator avoided giving a straight answer in response.

“There has to be responsibility in gun ownership. I’m not going to eliminate people having their gun,” Manchin responded. “They shouldn’t be scared to death of Democrats on their Second Amendment, taking their guns away. … So no, we’re not going to take people’s guns away, but there is things that we should not have in people’s hands.”

Sorry to burst Joe Manchin’s bubble, but “we’re not going to take your guns away, but there are some guns that you shouldn’t be able to have” isn’t going to inspire any confidence in gun owners.

If I had to read into Manchin’s comments to divine his intent, I’d guess that right now, anyway, Manchin’s either leaning towards backing Joe Biden’s plan for a ban on so-called assault weapons or tweaking Biden’s proposal slightly to allow for existing gun owners to maintain possession of their rifles. Under Biden’s plan, existing gun owners would be required to either turn their guns over to the government in exchange for an undetermined cash stipend or register their modern sporting rifles under the National Firearms Act.

Regards,
hm

If the 5,000,000+/_ NRA members donated 1/6th of their recent stimulus check,$100.00,to the NRA they could send a message to slow Joe. I'm writing my check now.

We're in for a fight like we've never seen. We have an utterly anti-gun president who's nominated nothing but solidly anti-gun people for every single cabinet position. His party is solidly anti-gun, you'll have better luck finding a living unicorn than a pro-gun democrat elected to federal office.

He's named a solidly anti-gun judge to be his attorney general.

There is NO respect for our 1st or 2nd amendment rights with the incoming administration or his party.

If gun owners had voted like gun owners, we wouldn't be facing these problems. And if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts when they hop either.

Here we are & here we go.

We haven't seen anything yet. If you, not you Stu, want to know what we are up against watch Hm's video just above. 'ANTIFA' Provocateur.

Having just used guns and other arms to ward off the English, the amendment was originally created to give citizens the opportunity to fight back against a tyrannical federal government.

The reason the 2nd amendment was created.I fear this is the real reason they want to take away our arms...

We who love our guns and shooting have really messed up. We spent some much effort fighting for the 2nd we forgot the 1st. It is gone. It was information. And whats worse than no information is possibly wrong information. Information is what makes us decide what to do. If we see it for our self we can decide and make a good decision. If we rely on second hand info and it's wrong then you probably will make the wrong decision. There are so many people my wife included who believes anything the see on TV and the Internet. I hate a liar more than anything in the world. You know your word, truth and faith are the only things that can't be taken from you. You have to willfully give them up. If all Politicians had to be truthful and were kicked out of office if they ever told a lie things would be a lot different in the world today. I'm glad I believe in God because I'm holding on to my faith. I won't lie because I want to keep my word. But the truth of it is we may be to late. The only way out may be huge sacrifice. The 2nd may come in handy in the future. I just hope we are smart enough to use while we still have it.

Back